Silicone Painting

Often the cheapest way to go is use the same silicon your part is made from and mix with oil based paints. The off-the-shelf painted I have used are nothing but that, but with a huge price tag. For example, I painted the Creature from the Black lagoon masks for the really bad stage musical they did at Universal Hollywood. The masks were made with Dragon Skin, and to paint, I mixed oil based paints into a small batches of Dragon Skin, and thinned with Toluene. WEAR A RESPIRATOR!

Charles

Thank you very much! So If I used Platsil Gel 10 i mix a batch with oil paints, nothing more? can i use pigments? Do this don't ruin detail on the mask?

Often the cheapest way to go is use the same silicon your part is made from and mix with oil based paints. The off-the-shelf painted I have used are nothing but that, but with a huge price tag. For example, I painted the Creature from the Black lagoon masks for the really bad stage musical they did at Universal Hollywood. The masks were made with Dragon Skin, and to paint, I mixed oil based paints into a small batches of Dragon Skin, and thinned with Toluene. WEAR A RESPIRATOR!

Charles
that would be correct.

Monster makers make a GREAT latex paint. They also have an in depth tutorial on how to use them. I find them to be VERY helpful in questions "after" the purchase.

After that ..... once you have the "base" coat / color, I highlight, shade and add different colors with FX latex inks.

After ALL of that ......... Monster makers also makes a latex sealer in different shades .... I build Perdators so I use ULTRA glossy.

Hope this helps.:cool

Monster makers make a GREAT latex paint. They also have an in depth tutorial on how to use them. I find them to be VERY helpful in questions "after" the purchase.

After that ..... once you have the "base" coat / color, I highlight, shade and add different colors with FX latex inks.

After ALL of that ......... Monster makers also makes a latex sealer in different shades .... I build Perdators so I use ULTRA glossy.

Hope this helps.:cool

lol thats for latex dude :) posting is about silicone.

Another vote here for FuseFX, awesome stuff. even for predators.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back