Silicone Painting

cbabbage

Often the cheapest way to go is use the same silicon your part is made from and mix with oil based paints. The off-the-shelf painted I have used are nothing but that, but with a huge price tag. For example, I painted the Creature from the Black lagoon masks for the really bad stage musical they did at Universal Hollywood. The masks were made with Dragon Skin, and to paint, I mixed oil based paints into a small batches of Dragon Skin, and thinned with Toluene. WEAR A RESPIRATOR!

Charles

Thank you very much! So If I used Platsil Gel 10 i mix a batch with oil paints, nothing more? can i use pigments? Do this don't ruin detail on the mask?

TheBrothersRich

Often the cheapest way to go is use the same silicon your part is made from and mix with oil based paints. The off-the-shelf painted I have used are nothing but that, but with a huge price tag. For example, I painted the Creature from the Black lagoon masks for the really bad stage musical they did at Universal Hollywood. The masks were made with Dragon Skin, and to paint, I mixed oil based paints into a small batches of Dragon Skin, and thinned with Toluene. WEAR A RESPIRATOR!

Charles
that would be correct.

Mardikrewe

Monster makers make a GREAT latex paint. They also have an in depth tutorial on how to use them. I find them to be VERY helpful in questions "after" the purchase.

After that ..... once you have the "base" coat / color, I highlight, shade and add different colors with FX latex inks.

After ALL of that ......... Monster makers also makes a latex sealer in different shades .... I build Perdators so I use ULTRA glossy.

Hope this helps.:cool

Usurper

Monster makers make a GREAT latex paint. They also have an in depth tutorial on how to use them. I find them to be VERY helpful in questions "after" the purchase.

After that ..... once you have the "base" coat / color, I highlight, shade and add different colors with FX latex inks.

After ALL of that ......... Monster makers also makes a latex sealer in different shades .... I build Perdators so I use ULTRA glossy.

Hope this helps.:cool

lol thats for latex dude :) posting is about silicone.

Another vote here for FuseFX, awesome stuff. even for predators.

paplooo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
im using the gel 10 as well.. any help what paint and how to mix the painting? cheers