Silicone mask making with CFX Joe core

Brickxar

I am working on a silicone mask and plan on using a cfx joe head for a core/armature, but there are two. Any time I see people talking about using the joe head, they don’t clarify which one. Does anyone know which one is better to use for mask making?

The heads aren't meant to be used as cores. They don't have keys (which could be added) but because they are polyurethane foam they will cause cure inhibition with the platinum silicone used to make the masks.

The heads aren't meant to be used as cores. They don't have keys (which could be added) but because they are polyurethane foam they will cause cure inhibition with the platinum silicone used to make the masks.
Oh, thanks. Do you have any recommendations of what I can use? I know of the Neill’s head, but I can’t find one to buy in the U.S.

That Neill one is it really. But yeah getting one is a whole different ball game.
Thanks!
This may be a stupid question, but is there anything I could cover the Joe head in that would cause it to not have a negative reaction with the silicone?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back