silicone for molding ??

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Cpl Potter

Sr Member
whats the best silicone for making molds , specificallly brush on silicone .
i have used smooth on in the past , but in the last year it seems there price has doubled , and i have a large skale project im working on .. what do you guys use ? and whats the best price to quality available ?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

NemVia

I don't know if you have recieved an answer to your question onthis post, but I have some rather large projects I will be doing within the next year or so and I have been using and will use the mold casting silicon from
Alumilite Corporation
Casting Resin and Silicone Mold Making Rubber They have a lot to offer. I don't know what price range you're looking at. But I've used this co. for several of my molding and casting needs. They have been very helpful with my questions and problems as well. Give 'em a try. The worst that can happen is that this might not be what you're looking for. But it's just my suggestion.

Hope this helps
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.