Silicone, flocking and pigment

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ichabod

Hey guys,

I've been watching a lot of Brickintheyard's videos lately and that has gotten me interested in making masks again. However, the silicone rubber system they use in the mask making videos (Gel-00) seems very expensive at around $140 for a half gallon. Its also $35 for an 8 color pigment palette on their website which seems a bit much, however i am no expert. Is this a normal price or is it usually lower than that? If so, where can i get that silicone and does that supplier also sell flocking and pigments?

Thanks

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

pitchforknumb

Sr Member
Platsil is always on the more expensive end of silicones. Check out Smooth-On's Ecoflex silicone. It's less expensive and you can also get the silc-pig that has 9 colors for 30 bucks.

detenten

Theengineeringguy.com has both smooth on products and flocking.

However, I recommend ordering Smooth On from a distributor. My items seem to be "fresher" from ReynoldsAM; when I buy elsewhere, more sediment and funk has settled to the bottom of the batch, making for a lot more pre mixing work. Just a small personal preference/observation!