"Silent Running" screening in Los Angeles w/Doug Trumbull

Awesome!

I saw it when it first came out in the Theatre.

Big-Screen Tvs and blu-ray just ain't the same :(

Give Doug my thanks for that one and everything he has done! :thumbsup

......Big-Screen Tvs and blu-ray just ain't the same......

Actually, Doug worked with the company on the Blu-Ray. It was a new transfer and (I hear), they went in and cleaned it up and retimed it. Doug considers it the best presentation material of the film - so we are going with that as opposed to a 35mm print.....

.......Give Doug my thanks for that one and everything he has done! :thumbsup

That's the idea behind these screenings....... :thumbsup (And Doug is not done. Not by a long shot if he can help it. :) )

Gene

I think this would be a great one to get my dad to go to if we lived out that way. He's the one who introduced me to the movie when I was little.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I'll be out of town. :cry

I was 6 when it came out. I begged my parents to take me; we saw it at the drive-in. Then I watched it every time it aired on NBC. I probably cried every time I saw the end.

I still do. And now I can't share that manly weeping with an appreciative audience...? Where is justice?

:angry

If anyone goes, please clap extra loud for me.

Dang it- All RSVP'd out already. I tried to reserve Friday night and was already too late. Someone faster will have to tell us how it is...

Looks like another Blu-Ray to add to the collection! :thumbusp

Actually, Doug worked with the company on the Blu-Ray. It was a new transfer and (I hear), they went in and cleaned it up and retimed it. Doug considers it the best presentation material of the film - so we are going with that as opposed to a 35mm print.....

That's the idea behind these screenings....... :thumbsup (And Doug is not done. Not by a long shot if he can help it. :) )

Gene

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back