Star Wars Signed Brian Muir RS Props Darth Vader Plaque

Sold for 40.00 GBP - Out of Stock
Prop Store

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As a person who bought one of these plaques (Alan Flyng) on 12/6, I have questions...
I showed the two plaques, the AUTHENTIC Alan Flyng one he asked to see photos of and the Alan Flyng plaque he sold, to my coworker who used to deal with autographs and authenticating. He said if you examine the letters and strokes, they do not look like the same person signed them. He said there are a lot of inconsistencies across the two, but he used one as an example... He used the "F" in his last name as that example. The real one is more of a loop stroke at the top and is done in one continuous stroke, with no breaks. The other one in question does not have that loop up top and looks to be broken into two separate strokes. (see below)
So he said the one he sold looks fake and he would recommend getting your money back.

1.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jagjaguwar

Sr Member
So he said the one he sold looks fake and he would recommend getting your money back.

Thanks a lot- it’s now being dealt with. People don’t like eBay (where I got the plaque before realizing the seller was also a member here) for a number of reasons, but I do know that they don’t take kindly to people peddling fakes on their site. Tell your friend thank you, as well.

My situation will resolve now, but I did want to mention that after I paid, the seller asked if I wanted a Richard Bonehill TIE pilot plaque for the same price. I passed because I already have one, but I guess it’s worth being aware that that one may be out there as well.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looking at his eBay, right after all this erupted here on Saturday night, he ran over to eBay on Sunday and quickly changed his seller ID name. That is another strange thing to do if you are innocent.

I am going to browse his feedback to see if he sold any other goods that look questionable and I will comb through his feedback to see if the sale pops up where he claims to have purchased the fake Brian Muir plaques.

If he is innocent, he really needs to reach out to Brian with the sales info so Brian can take care of shutting down whomever is forging his name.

I THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCE FOR THE MODS TO ASSESS THIS, SO I AM OUT! ;)

Last edited:

Jagjaguwar

Sr Member
I’ve been able to work through things with the seller and he’s agreed to a refund, and declined the offer to send back the plaque.

In discussing things he clarified that the while the signature was done by Flyng, the plaque itself was not one of the ones produced for the limited run by RS, it was made after the fact.

Clearly I’m no expert, so I can’t speak to that, or to any other plaques, but a refund makes it a bit of a moot point on my end.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’ve been able to work through things with the seller and he’s agreed to a refund, and declined the offer to send back the plaque.

In discussing things he clarified that the while the signature was done by Flyng, the plaque itself was not one of the ones produced for the limited run by RS, it was made after the fact.

Clearly I’m no expert, so I can’t speak to that, or to any other plaques, but a refund makes it a bit of a moot point on my end.
Correct. He addressed that earlier, where he said he has them made and then signed, though the legitimacy of the signatures, is still up for debate. But this admission also brings up the fact that he is creating fake plaques, even if genuinely signed, and releasing them. People can take a regular RS Helmet, and pair this plaque up with it and then sell it as a rare signature edition or "Artist Proof" edition. That alone is a form of fraud, as anyone buying it in the future may shell out a bunch of extra money assuming they are getting a ultra rare edition, but in reality they are buying a regular edition helmet with a $40 plaque added to it. So I feel even if the signatures are real, these plaques should not be made as it will muddy the collectibles industry.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

enaswede

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have now set up an option on my eshop if anyone wants to send in a relevant plaque for my signature

Thank you so much for making this available to us and making it so easy. I have placed my order and will be sending out my plaque by the end of the week. Thanks Again! :cool:

jkno

Master Member
Long ago when I got the EFX Limited Edition Vader helmet I talked to Brian Muir by email and asked if I could send a plaque to get signed (I already bought 2 of his fantastic books earlier, I highly recommend them, plus the new one too). Brian had no objections at all and in the photo below is the plaque he signed, now residing with the helmet in the collection of a good friend. The idea is to always try to go to the original source for these items, in this case Brian himself, avoid third parties and intermediaries. Even if he didn't have the plaque option on the site, you could have always ask him about it. Brian was always very friendly and kind to everyone.
Sergiu

e-FX-Darth-Vader-Limited-Edition-helmet-22.jpg

jkno

Master Member
Correct. He addressed that earlier, where he said he has them made and then signed, though the legitimacy of the signatures, is still up for debate. But this admission also brings up the fact that he is creating fake plaques, even if genuinely signed, and releasing them. People can take a regular RS Helmet, and pair this plaque up with it and then sell it as a rare signature edition or "Artist Proof" edition. That alone is a form of fraud, as anyone buying it in the future may shell out a bunch of extra money assuming they are getting a ultra rare edition, but in reality they are buying a regular edition helmet with a $40 plaque added to it. So I feel even if the signatures are real, these plaques should not be made as it will muddy the collectibles industry.
I've said it long ago when Master Replicas came with Artist Proof plaques that I personally prefer regular numbered plaques as they are harder to falsify than an AP plaque, as you may encounter the person who already has that number out there. There are companies who have numbered AP's, but that's another story.

Thanks a lot- it’s now being dealt with. People don’t like eBay (where I got the plaque before realizing the seller was also a member here) for a number of reasons, but I do know that they don’t take kindly to people peddling fakes on their site. Tell your friend thank you, as well.

My situation will resolve now, but I did want to mention that after I paid, the seller asked if I wanted a Richard Bonehill TIE pilot plaque for the same price. I passed because I already have one, but I guess it’s worth being aware that that one may be out there as well.
Autograph collectors never buy from ebay. Better try to find the original source like in my post above or look for an official shop to sell autographed items (Official Pix for example) or at least buy from an established autograph dedicated Facebook group where members will always point out fakes immediately

jayzen

Here is another I caught and presented to the rebel scum forum. I contacted the seller and Ebay. Well it sold.....

concerns-about-master-replicas-han-solo-ee-se-blaster-on-ebay-beware.1144580

Good catch goldcylon I remember seeing these when you first made the post on rebelscum so I reached out to the guy to Inform him that it wasn't technically a signature edition and he shouldn't be advertising it as such. He argued the difficulty and cost of acquiring Harrison fords signature and basically told me I didn't know what I was talking about, I showed him pics and said this is what a signature edition looks like. So not sure if he was purposefully playing dumb or just being deceitful but those raised eyebrows when then were listed.

Brian Muir

No matter what.... can you at least share the eBay details?

View attachment 1408169 You said you bought them 5 months ago, so please let us know the seller's name and photos from the auction. It is within a year, so that info is definitely in your eBay history. Plus it will be in your PayPal history, and you can get the seller's eBay name there as well.

It will help us here avoid from falling victim of someone selling fakes on eBay. That will be appreciated by this community.

Did he ever provide you with the eBay seller’s name who is forging your signature? If he has that info, he should disclose it to you, no?
No Forrestgateaux hasn’t provided me with any details of the Ebay seller he claims is forging my signature.

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Good catch goldcylon I remember seeing these when you first made the post on rebelscum so I reached out to the guy to Inform him that it wasn't technically a signature edition and he shouldn't be advertising it as such. He argued the difficulty and cost of acquiring Harrison fords signature and basically told me I didn't know what I was talking about, I showed him pics and said this is what a signature edition looks like. So not sure if he was purposefully playing dumb or just being deceitful but those raised eyebrows when then were listed.
He never replied to me and I notified Ebay and they did nothing. I guess as long as they get their 10% no harm no foul. That was a Master Replicas Elite Edition solo blaster that sold for 5.5k with a fan made plaque with a fake signature. Buyer beware I guess however that buyer was ripped off plain and simple. He knew what he was doing.

Last edited:

Brian Muir

Well all I can say I’m very disappointed in him ☹️ Unless there is someone of the same name, Gary Hopkins contacted me in December to ask if he could send 2 plaques for signing. I gave him the cost and my details and he was going to send them to me, which he obviously didn’t. He’s a ‘friend’ on Facebook

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Prop Store