Star Wars Signed Brian Muir RS Props Darth Vader Plaque

Sold for 40.00 GBP - Out of Stock
Prop Store

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't think you can call this done, just because you refunded the last person. Too many questions still linger here. It wasn't just about the refund and now that you ironed it out, all is good.

I think the question still remains as to why, when asked where you got the signed plaques, you initially messaged that you arranged to have them signed. You did not say that you bought them on ebay. So why? It is almost like you were going to go with that lie until Brian spoiled it by coming and posting.

And to use the use excuse, " If I was out to scam or fraud I wouldn't have refunded", is not a good one. Sure you refunded... when your rep is on the line, and you are called out, of course you are going to refund. You want to save face, but that did not iron out the trust issue here.

I just smell something fishy here. I feel you were out to deceive and once called out on it, you scrambled to turn this around.

47A84EA6-DB7B-49D0-9CD7-8FAA971E5049.jpeg

Last edited:

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I agree.

Though, I am betting we will get the usual: "Too much time has passed since I purchased them and I no longer can see the seller's name or listing". I know my eBay purchases stay available to see for over a year or more, so you should be able to pull that info and share it here. EDIT: I read his earlier post where he said it was 5 months ago. It is totally in his history on eBay and he can make this all go away by posting the images from the sale and the seller's name.

More that alerting us of a potential bad seller on eBay, it will also ease our questions as to the legitimacy of your excuse. Share the name of the seller and share images of the listing and THEN I think we can all say we are good here.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

scarf man

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
forrestgateaux, It is more than a little odd that you’ve removed the picture from your initial post.
Come on Gary, sleuthing is what we do around here. Saving pictures, following leads, unraveling tangled webs... if there is anything wrong with this situation, someone here will find it out.

Last edited:
Ive asked admin to remove the post as its causing too much stress and hassle which I don't need and don't need you harassing me.

Ive explained myself in great detail and apologised to them. With regards to my reputation Im not sure what you mean by that, Ive done what was right with immediate effect from when it was pointed out. If I was trying to deceive someone of 40 I wouldnt have refunded it immediately, I would have just let it drag on through Paypal just be a dick, but thats not me.

I am hardly going to retire from my job by fraudulently taking 40 from someone.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
No matter what.... can you at least share the eBay details?

Untitled-1.jpg
You said you bought them 5 months ago, so please let us know the seller's name and photos from the auction. It is within a year, so that info is definitely in your eBay history. Plus it will be in your PayPal history, and you can get the seller's eBay name there as well.

It will help us here avoid from falling victim of someone selling fakes on eBay. That will be appreciated by this community.

Brian Muir

Forrestgateaux- If there is a seller on Ebay fraudulently forging my autograph on plaques, I would appreciate you openly divulging the information as soon as possible.
The fake plaque shown below

Attachments

• B7B5746A-1EA3-4DB3-8183-0483E6BD8477.jpeg
    B7B5746A-1EA3-4DB3-8183-0483E6BD8477.jpeg
    563.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

scarf man

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I can get any plaques made to any order by my printer in Germany. If I give them a photo of what is required. This is common practise for plaques to be made and sent off for signing. I have few RS helmets that I missed out on the signature editions as I picked them up in aftermarkets sales platforms and want to get the plaques made and sent off for signing thats why I joined the forum to get advice, noting deceitful about that whatsoever.
Let‘s unpack this for a moment.
Signature editions of prop replicas command a higher price, as do artist proofs.
I’ve heard of people making their own plaques, but not bootlegs, with company logos, authentic signatures, and layout. That seems deceitful to me.

Did you make it clear to the buyer in this post, that it was not RS Propmasters merchandise, but your own bootleg of a plaque from a “Very sought after limited edition run of helmets.”?

Your wording in that post is tricky, and at first blush seems that you are selling a genuine RS signature plaque that came with the the helmet. There is just enough ambiguity to mislead.

And remember, hard questions are not harassment, they are opportunities to clear the air.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok, here is a little light on his Snowtrooper Alan Flyng Artist proof plaque.

First we should note that Forrestgateaux changed his name after October from the previous name: Garythebong. The MODS have not updated the name change thread since late October, so it doesn't reflect this. But the messages below are his just under his old name. This is important so he cannot say, "look, the name in those does not match mine, so it's not me". His responses to those replies show his new name but all quoted sections will retain the original name of the member in the system. He has to hate digital footprints, lol.

Now first up is his for sale post for the Snowtrooper Alan Flyng plaque.

Note the sale date of DEC. 6, 2020. This is importanat

Item listing.jpg

Next up is the first time he asked about the color of the plaque back on October 21, 2020.
The question was edited on Dec. 8, 2020. Why? After he listed one for sale, he changes his name and edits so the question would not be visible. Again, why?

question.jpg

Next up is the original question that was saved in a quote response to him. You can see he asked for the color.

original question.jpg

Next he asked for a photo of the plaque so he could see what it looks like. The person did post the photo for him to see.

ask for phoito.jpg

So my question is, why did he feel the need to go back and edit his question away right after posting his plaque for sale? Seems pretty sketchy to me.

And then let us not forget that he asked about this OTHER plaque colors recently:

other.jpg

Last edited:

Scruffylooking

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Something isn’t right here. Forrestgateaux told me earlier that he arranges signings for these plaques and that he was making more plaques to send out for signing, not that he bought them on EBay. Here’s a pic of part of the conversation. So which is it?
It’s more than just fishy surely. Also isn’t this direct proof that he’s contradicting himself?

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ive asked admin to remove the post as its causing too much stress and hassle which I don't need and don't need you harassing me.

Ive explained myself in great detail and apologised to them. With regards to my reputation Im not sure what you mean by that, Ive done what was right with immediate effect from when it was pointed out. If I was trying to deceive someone of 40 I wouldnt have refunded it immediately, I would have just let it drag on through Paypal just be a dick, but thats not me.

I am hardly going to retire from my job by fraudulently taking 40 from someone.
Suck it up buttercup :rolleyes:

You have some more explaining to do, if you want to save what is left of your rep as well as not be banned you need to divulge just who you bought the plaques from on e-bay

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thats why I never buy autographs online...you can never be 100% safe that they are real.
For a talented Forger its easy work to fake the sign.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Suck it up buttercup :rolleyes:

You have some more explaining to do, if you want to save what is left of your rep as well as not be banned you need to divulge just who you bought the plaques from on e-bay
We have asked a few times, and he ignores that request. But when Brian Muir himself asks you, you darn well bend over backwards to give Brian that info since someone is forging Brian's name.

Panaflex

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It’s come to my attention that when Forrestgateaux pm’d me that another member had backed out of the purchase, making it available again; that in fact, that member had already purchased the plaque.

The other member also stated that he was told the same story about a previous sale falling through making a plaque available to him.
That other member can add to this if they wish.

All this leads me to believe that there were more plaques than claimed.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It’s come to my attention that when Forrestgateaux pm’d me that another member had backed out of the purchase, making it available again; that in fact, that member had already purchased the plaque.

The other member also stated that he was told the same story about a previous sale falling through making a plaque available to him.
That other member can add to this if they wish.

All this leads me to believe that there were more plaques than claimed.
Or he could print more of them on demand and just forge the signature again.

Gimpdiggity

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
He recently had another RS plaque for sale, and if you look at a genuine RS plaque logo, you can see a difference. Look at the way his plaques “s” meets the “R”. It is not like the real ones. Looking at all images online, the logo is the same and all plaques do not match his version of the “RS” logo. Very suspicious

Plus, look at the negative space in the top of the “R”on his plaque. He has a much more rounded right side of that shape, where the original is pretty flat.

His plaque:
View attachment 1405723 View attachment 1405724

Known real plaques:
View attachment 1405725
View attachment 1405726

Yeah, the RS on these are clearly different fonts.

I do a lot of Star Wars themed t-shirts for myself and friends, and have seen quite a few different versions of the fonts, and have settled on a favorite...which oddly seems like the exact font the real plaque seems to have. It may not be exactly the same, but it’s darn close.

682DF2C4-70E9-4A85-AEBA-AA1C65EF1BE5.jpeg

The font on the plaques being discussed in this thread is much more similar to the million other random Star Wars themed fonts out there. Here’s one that I just happen to have on hand that looks fairly similar to the plaques being sold here.

A0DF519C-6B19-40A3-A079-C437915C72E6.jpeg

So yeah...they’re certainly different fonts, which was pretty obvious from your screenshots, but I just wanted to add to that because it’s something that I’m actually pretty familiar with...which rarely happens round these parts for me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Prop Store