Limited Run Sign up thread for V2 vented pommels and Mystery Chunks (Signup updated 7/27/2020)

Hey Dan, just scored on of your 2018 hilts. If you can put me down for a chunk on top of the pommel I already requested, that'd be great. If it's too late no worries! Thanks!

Hate to do this but please remove me from the list (I suspect you know why :D). Thanks and good luck with this run!

If at all possible, please remove my order for the chunk and just keep me in for the pommel. If it is too late and will cause a problem, I understand and will commit to the purchase, but I've got a line on the newly found vintage hobnail for my build. Sorry for any hassle!

I have a feeling that this might be a trend.

I'm probably going to wait a couple weeks and then contact everyone on the list to confirm if they plan to stand by their orders or if they have tracked down a found item.

I have a feeling that this might be a trend.

I'm probably going to wait a couple weeks and then contact everyone on the list to confirm if they plan to stand by their orders or if they have tracked down a found item.

I don’t think you have updated the list since I posted my request for 2 chunks earlier, but I’m still in for 2 assuming the pricing stays the same.

Bummer to see people exiting.
the value of this is a proprietary threaded chunk to accent an FX capable AS V2 hilt.
Even in tandem with a found part.
I gave Dann 3 slightly varied found chunks to reference yesterday for the model update.
Shame to see the trend forming here but... I think with the vented pommel in play people are going to want these with their installs when the Chunk is realized as non-viable for certain functions (like easy removal, interior maximization for chassis, etc)
:rolleyes::eek:

Bummer to see people exiting.
the value of this is a proprietary threaded chunk to accent an FX capable AS V2 hilt.
Even in tandem with a found part.
I gave Dann 3 slightly varied found chunks to reference yesterday for the model update.
Shame to see the trend forming here but... I think with the vented pommel in play people are going to want these with their installs when the Chunk is realized as non-viable for certain functions (like easy removal, interior maximization for chassis, etc)
:rolleyes::eek:
I think I'll end up sticking with my initial order because of the FX ready argument, but I do think the price point is a little high. I get the manufacturing costs etc and I don't doubt that it is priced fairly given the cost and the size of the run, but I'm sure some people will wonder why they should pay $25 for a replica when you can get an authentic one for $10-$15.

I think I'll end up sticking with my initial order because of the FX ready argument, but I do think the price point is a little high. I get the manufacturing costs etc and I don't doubt that it is priced fairly given the cost and the size of the run, but I'm sure some people will wonder why they should pay $25 for a replica when you can get an authentic one for $10-$15.

this has been a major discussion.
The answer is simple if I can add my own wording- -
The originals were manufactured (probably by molten stamping) in the thousands and put in large quantities on thousands of boots which will ultimately rise in demand and value (probably)

That’s not an excuse to devalue modern individually machined reproduction cost for limited runs. It costs money to manufacture like this. And unless a reasonable profit is made artists working in these markets will dry up and not be able to invest the time and quality necessary. Especially like these guys are. It helps them continue to do this kind of work.

Good art , and the artists you trust, are worth investing in.
Hunter boots don’t need that

Spent my career in cost accounting... Line changeover time, small quantities, tooling, scrap rates etc. Cost of manufacturing reflects more than material cost.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back