Sidney Poitier has passed away

Grievous

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sydney Poitier has passed away-rest in peace. An absolute force in the acting world with incredible intensity and emotion. Groundbreaking work in Lilies of the Field, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, To Sir, With Love and In the Heat of the Night plus numerous other roles. You will be missed.

Damn.
Sydney Poitier has passed away-rest in peace. An absolute force in the acting world with incredible intensity and emotion. Groundbreaking work in Lilies of the Field, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, To Sir, With Love and In the Heat of the Night plus numerous other roles. You will be missed.
I would like to add: The Defiant Ones and A Patch of Blue.

When I was around 10 years old, I was flipping channels and Lilies of the field had just started. At that age movies like that were not interesting to me, but I couldn't change the channel. I watched all of it, mezmerized by his acting performance.
Been a fan ever since.

They call me MR. TIBBS....!!

Pumbaa nailed it also in the Lion King with an intro from Taxi Driver then into the Mr. Tibbs quote......;)

It's not so much that a person died today, about 150,000 people die everyday....it's your connection to that person that matters.

Last edited:
Just finished , “The Jackal“ while his role was small, the amount of gravitas he brought to it is why he was a Master at his craft

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back