1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Done / Completed Sidkit Malcolm Reynolds Gun Firefly TV & Serenity Movie ver. DEFINITIVE LIMITED RUN

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by Sarednab, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Sarednab

Sarednab Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

COMPLETED

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Noeland, Raven713 and Nexus6 like this.
  2. Risu

Risu Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Sidkit Malcolm Reynolds Gun Firefly TV & Serenity Movie ver. DEFINITIVE LIMITED R

PM sent.

3. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Re: Sidkit Malcolm Reynolds Gun Firefly TV & Serenity Movie ver. DEFINITIVE LIMITED R

You are killing me.

I am afraid to ask, as I seem to be being forced out of this hobby once and for all,...but what's your time frame???

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  4. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

On the kit version can you do the brass, then brown on the whole thing like it is when the show starts??? Then we can "rub off" the amount we want???

Personally I like it more Brown with just some Brass showing like at the beginning of the series??

5. Sarednab

The kit version will be finish exactly like the one you seen in pics for the final version ;)

UPDATE:
    Error! Sorry for mistake! Kit will not be finish like the complete version!

6. kursosawa

kursosawa Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

PM sent.

7. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

That's what I am asking. Can we get a kit but finished with the brass base and then complete brown to then rub off to our own likes or a complete gun but with the mag loose and the brown complete or nearly???

Also what is the timeframe, as in when would you need payment??

Thanks

Tom

8. TomVDJ

TomVDJ Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ah, man, why do you have to come up with all this stuff. One (finished) Serenity gun for me, please... I'm now going to decide which organ I can sell that I don't use. My kidneys, liver and left lung are already gone. Somebody needs a left arm or something?

@jameth1971, I guess if the brown is some chemical process, then it has to be rubbed off right after applying it. So leaving all the brown on there might make it impossible to take it back off... But you might be able to add more brown with some acrylic washes or rub 'n buff?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    Raven713 likes this.
  9. Risu

I'm also curious about the timeframe, and would like to get my parts brass plated but not darkened at all. I ave the chemical to do that myself and would prefer to do so.

10. bluecoyote

bluecoyote Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm in for a finished TV gun ..AAAAAAHHHHHHHH......I'm in..!!!

11. Sean

Sean Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

pending time frame for payment. possibly..... this is unbelievable.

12. JOATRASH FX

JOATRASH FX Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sent you a PM about a Serenity version.

13. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Add me to the list for a Firefly TV version. Not sure If I want finished or kit yet.

I'm down to about 8 high end pieces from over 130 but this is so rare I will move one of my remaining 8 to get this. There are a few things I have that I can replace down the line.

Must have.

Oh this sucks and at the same time is awesome!!!!!

I'm so conflicted.

Pending time frame?????

14. Sean

I can't pass this up. please add me to the list for one fully finished Serenity version. I can have funds ready by the 30th if that would be alright ..sooner If need be..

Must have....

15. gyoung2993

gyoung2993 Sr Member

Timeframe Please....need time to get prepared...* so much bad stuff going on , and know this pops up...Damnit

16. mburkit

mburkit Active Member

Could you please put me on the list for a TV version of the gun?

17. sycor

sycor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Damnit. Put me down for a movie version.

18. extreme_too2

extreme_too2 Well-Known Member

You're killing me...Yeah, what's the time frame on these?

19. Sarednab

Ok guys, I'll reply here also for all NUOMEROUS PM received.

Question 1: Time Frame! You could decide your time frame! You could take also 2 months to pay the complete gun. The important thing is that you sent us immediatly 100$ deposit. This pieces are very HIGH request (I don't want to say how many PM received for it :D ). So PLEASE, if you want to be added in the list (don't wait too much otherwise can be too late) write it in the thread, not by PM. Please specify which version you want. I'll send you all deposit request of 100$ in 2/3 days.

Qustion 2: KIT finished like the complete gun? Yes, we could give you a normal kit for 450$ and a kit finished like the complete gun (materials, color etc) for 500$

Guys, these are really the last... the last opportunity to take a piece of history in your hands... let me know soon.
    As soon as we'll receive your deposit, soon we'll start our work for finish it.

So, remember, you can choose your time frame (I hope not more than 2 months) but IMPORTANT is the deposit. SPECIFY WHICH VERSION (movie or series) and WHICH KIT OR COMPLETE!

Thanks to all!

20. Risu

OK, so just to clarify, the extra $50 for the "finished" kit. Is that for the brass plating, the brown coating, or both? Can you post a picture of what the different kits would look like out of the box?

21. kursosawa

kursosawa Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Please put me down for the $500 Firely kit version

cheers,
    Gene

22. gyoung2993

gyoung2993 Sr Member

I will need at least 3 months to nickle and dime it...crap...I really love the movie Serenity version....Well my divorce has screwed this up too

23. Sarednab

You are in list ;)

24. ZellaRivens

ZellaRivens Member

Put me down for the full firefly show gun.

25. Sarednab

List updated! Only 4 spot remained for the movie version!

26. TomVDJ

Also curious: if the kit parts are brass-plated and brown-coated like the finished ones. What else remains? Just * the parts together? In that case I also might choose the kit version with finished parts. Maybe a picture of how a kit looks like, would be handy to decide (off course we would understand if in the pictures the parts aren't finished yet).

27. ssdesigner

ssdesigner Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Please put me down for one of the TV show versions. Thanks!

-Ss

28. Sarednab

Just to understand, I'll send you a pics of the complete kit soon (the unfinished one).
    Btw we'll relase also the instruction with every kit so it will be very easy for everyone!
    These are just for example:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437733968.500524.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437733977.473505.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437733986.308907.jpg

29. Serenity

Serenity Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think I'm going to switch to one of the kits; I'd like to assemble it myself so I can do some reinforcements and small modifications. I will let you know for sure which one (basic or "finished" kit) when I send my deposit.

Question: Have all of the parts already been brass plated? If not, will you be doing further clean-up on the pewter parts before plating? I ask because in a few of the photos the metal looks a little rough under the plating and there's no way to fix that after plating...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  30. Sean

I have a question please. you say we pick the time frame. If I paid this off tomorrow. how long before it starts to head my way?

31. keelhauler

keelhauler Well-Known Member

It's gonna sting a good bit, but I've always wanted these, so put me down for one finished Firefly pistol and one finished Serenity pistol.

32. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

No worries on the deposit and the two months.

Please put me down for a finished kit as I want to tinker with it, make mags, etc.

33. gyoung2993

gyoung2993 Sr Member

Will take me 2 weeks for the deposit , are you sure...this caught me way OFF guard...wasn't prepared...LOL....never thought I would ever see someone else produce these...so glad you guys are

34. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

I am not sure if I can keep this down the road as I seem to be being forced out of the hobby altogether but I will either get to re-build down the road or have this Mal gun in a very small collection, or at least get to have it for a while.

Tom

35. gyoung2993

gyoung2993 Sr Member

I agree , if I am given a chance to get a deal on this Mal pistol....I cant pass on this ....I missed out on the original SIDKIT version , and always regretted it. I hate to think my bad luck would happen twice , several years later.....I will try my very best , to acquire this.....this is my last prop gun to get....then time to move onto my 50 model kits !!!...LOL

Sean likes this.
  36. Sarednab

I really don't know how the brass plating only parts come out. However the kit comes partially assembled and fixed by screws. You'll be able to make all modification you would like on it and choice your own browing coat to give on the brass surface

This is a example with a raised brow coat on it! Enjoy:

[​IMG]

37. gyoung2993

gyoung2993 Sr Member

Its impressive and outstanding work , you all have done amazing work , that ....no words can describe...hope I can get in on this soon

38. Sarednab

Many thanks mate :)
    BTW to give to all opportunity to have this beauty we have time frame production of 2 months!
    We'll collect the deposit. Start to buy materials in august and start to assemble it in middle/end september! :)
    I hope you appreace this notice guys :)

39. Sean

The notice Is very much appreciated Sarednab. gives me time to work a few things out. much thanks for making this possible...

Sean.

40. bluecoyote

bluecoyote Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

ready to send deposit..

41. Raven713

Raven713 Member

Put me down for the Firefly complete version. Let me know when and where to send deposit. Looks like Christmas is coming early. Thanks

42. gyoung2993

gyoung2993 Sr Member

I wont have a deposit for 2 weeks , is this acceptable, , things are getting tough at the moment , if you cant....I truly understand , and you can remove me from your list ???

43. Sarednab

No probs for 2 weeks! Don't worry :)

44. gyoung2993

gyoung2993 Sr Member

Bless you, I will do everything possible to get it after we see the attorney....I will PM you when we do so you can move forward , if I cant , or I can provide what all you need , will keep in touch in 2 weeks sir :$ :thumbsup

45. Reakt80

Reakt80 New Member

In for one TV version please!

46. Serenity

Thanks mate; I apologize for the miscommunication - I'm not too worried about how the brass plating only parts will look... I was actually double checking that you/Michelle would be removing some of the noticeable bumps and pitting in the raw pewter parts before plating them. From past experience with the pewter Sidkit models, they were fairly common and easy to fix while still bare metal. However, as these parts will be already plated, we won't be able to fix them since doing any sanding would remove the plating.

I'm sure you guys know what you're doing, but I've been waiting for years to get another one of these, so I just had to ask for reassurance...

47. gyoung2993

gyoung2993 Sr Member

That's a great point Serenity...didn't think about that

Serenity likes this.
  48. Sarednab

Hi mate!
    Due seems that you are an expert on this model, my advice is to buy the 450$ kit so you can finish it yourself and do it as better as you want ;)

49. TomVDJ

You can also consider the pits and roughness part of the "aging" of the gun, I guess. It don't really bothers me. For me, the gun doesn't have to look brand new...

50. Serenity

It doesn't have to look brand new for me and I don't want it to either. The original hero parts definitely weren't perfect either.

I do have extended experience with original Sidkit parts (like many members) and the pewter always needed some touch-up work. However, these are being brass plated, so there's no way for the buyers to properly do that without sanding through the brass. I saw some noticeable rough spots and bumps under the plating in the example photos and wanted to know if they would be fixed in the actual run. I think it's a fair question to ask.

But I digress. Like I said, I trust that Sarednab/Michelle know what they're doing and I'm not trying to be difficult or cause problems. This is my grail piece, I've been chasing it for about seven or eight years, so I just want it to be as awesome as possible.

Sean likes this.