Sideshows Tracker Predator Mask from Predators... Now with Pics!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Ugh. I thought I'd be getting my Tracker Predator Bio-Mask from Sideshow in the next few weeks but just got a delay notice for 12/10/2011. Anyone else get the same notice?
I went ahead and ordered the Falconer and Classic as well and put my name in on the waiting list for the Berserker, although I am guessing he is sold out.

I actually got mine earlier in the week and it is already on it's way back to them. My base came in broken near the mounting holes. The paint apps on mine were not that great either. The scratches had silver paint in them and it was painted badly. Some had silver paint in them and some didn't. Take a look at the tusks when you get yours, the one I sent back were a little warped. I am hoping the replacement is better than the first one I got.

I actually got mine earlier in the week and it is already on it's way back to them. My base came in broken near the mounting holes. The paint apps on mine were not that great either. The scratches had silver paint in them and it was painted badly. Some had silver paint in them and some didn't. Take a look at the tusks when you get yours, the one I sent back were a little warped. I am hoping the replacement is better than the first one I got.

Sorry to hear that. I have already accepted the fact that the helmet will need a repaint and I will have to look at it once I have it in hand, but from the pics I felt the tusks were too short, so I will probably be replacing those as well.

I think they may have added some length to them. Here are a couple of pics of the one I sent back.

DSCI0550.jpg

DSCI0549-1.jpg

Wow... you have got to be kidding me. WHY? WHY SIDESHOW!!! YOU HAD IT IN YOUR HANDS!!!

Ugh. Clearly the prototype was straight off the original helmet. Why was the final product changed?!?

sideshow_tracker_predator_mask_bio_helmet.jpg

Last edited:
Some of that may be due to lens distortion. I will have mine on Monday and will try to take some pics of it with similar lighting to the movie.

Looking forward to your pics Art. I won't get to see my replacement first hand as I am leaving on Sunday to go back to work on the East coast and won't be back until Dec. I'll have to get my wife to take pics and send them to me.

Alright... my bio-helmet came in today. I am actually fairly pleased with it. The paint job is pretty lame, but that is to be expected. The casting does appear to be directly off the original with no major changes. However, there does appear to be some mold warpage... possibly the source was a stunt mask instead of a real one? Anyone here from KNB?

Overall, not too bad. I will get more pics posted up lated, but here are a couple of quick pics comparing it to the original. Sorry the lighting and angles aren't exact but hopefully they are close enough to give you an idea of how the replica holds up.

predator_mask_tracker_bio_helmet_compare_predators_01.png

predator_mask_tracker_bio_helmet_compare_predators_02.png

Last edited:
Ultimately the entire helmet will need a repaint, but for now, I had to tone down the childish silver damage on the helmet. A delicate blackwash with a small brush and q-tips did the trick. The silver is still there, just a little less caricaturish now. It is a subtle change but makes the helmet palatable until I can have the whole thing repainted.

sideshow_tracker_predator_mask_bio_helmet_reworked.jpg

Last edited:
That does look much better. I'll have my wife take a close look at my replacement which should be at home on Thursday. I will probably end up repainting it as well when I get back home.

One more pic. I still believe that the tusks might be a little short, but overall, I am pretty happy. I do feel like much of the original casting was retained and that we are unlikely to get a more accurate copy wihout KNB offering an original up for sale.
predator_mask_tracker_bio_helmet_compare_predators_04.png

Last edited:
One other thing of note... I think the water on the helmet might be semi-permanent/permanent as the water droplets in the shot I post above match exactly to a press photo...

That's a bad ass looking helmet. Thanks for posting pics, Art. I'm glad your product seems to be very close to the screen cap images. One reason I did not get this was that the pre-production pics showed short little stubby tusks. The production run looks like they got them right, though.

I was VERY concerned about the tusk length from the Pre-production photos as well and had just resigned myself to the fact that they would have to be replaced. I still think the final tusks are a little short, but overall, I am fairly happy. I also believe that the leather wrap is wrong and comes too far forward on the tusks, making them look even shorter, so when I have the helmet repainted, I will take care of that too.

That's a bad ass looking helmet. Thanks for posting pics, Art. I'm glad your product seems to be very close to the screen cap images. One reason I did not get this was that the pre-production pics showed short little stubby tusks. The production run looks like they got them right, though.

The blackwash came out nicely Art. I may be wrong, but I remember reading from Faken on predatorstuff.com that the bios are/were cast from the movie molds. Not sure which ones, stunt or hero. Either way, great job on the paint up.

EDIT: I think sideshow intentionally shortened the tusks so no one knocks it over or it gets hit. It's a shame, I think they should have kept the long tusks.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back