Sideshowcollectibles CELTIC BIO!

chocoboy83

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=6084
cant wait
351342587.jpg.gif

Took them long enough to put this out. I still think Ruffkintoy's version is much better, now proudly sitting on my mantle :D

Well i have to say looking at screen caps, i still think steve hirds is fairly accurate , or even more with the paint lol, WTF is up with the brown/copper sections on the mask? the screen used didnt have them, so why piss about with it?

screen cap from member here.

PDVD_099.jpg

I think the ball has been dropped on this :D

Steves is still a wicked item, and the correct colour hehe.

celtic2.jpg

celtic3.jpg.gif

Weaselfinger's (Mike's) was pretty damn good as well. Speaking of Mike and Steve, I wonder if they're still lurking out there somewhere.

Sorry guys, but I disagree... Steve's was good, but this comes right out of the movie mold, so it's more accurate than Steve's. Also, this is cheaper... you get the lights and a bad ass stand that can be wall mounted for the same price as what Steve's bio sold for fully painted, and that didn't include lights or a base.

The brown spots though... dunno about that one. The movie was really desaturated so the brown could have been masked up, but I don't think so... aside from that this piece is badass.

My accuracy comment was mainly aimed at the paint up with the copper, obvously its from the movie molds so perfectly accurate to the movie one shape and size wise, i just thought if they have taken artistic license with the copper/brown, then they messed up.

maybe should have worded that better lol.

My accuracy comment was mainly aimed at the paint up with the copper, obvously its from the movie molds so perfectly accurate to the movie one shape and size wise, i just thought if they have taken artistic license with the copper/brown, then they messed up.

maybe should have worded that better lol.

Ah ok, yeah not sure wft is with that brown copper accents... I posted a comment on the announcement page about it, maybe you guys should point that out as well :D

Dan

That is curious.

My first instinct would be to think that maybe the copper accents are indicative of a difference between a screen-used stunt and hero version of the helmet, but...

The screencap above is clearly a closeup, which would suggest its a hero helmet...and I see no copper there. In fact, I don't recall seeing any copper accents on ANY version of the helmet, either on-screen or in any of the ADI photos. Hm.

Although what Dan said is very true...this film was extremely de-saturated in the color processing. Even Paul Andersen said that he deliberately dressed the cast in extremely bright colors because he knew that they would be significantly toned-down after the color processing. I wonder if this is another case of a prop appearing one way on screen but looking very different in reality.

("Bess Brown" pulse rifles, anyone?)

In any event...it will be interesting to see what Sideshow has to say about this.

Now thats a bio display!!

As for the sideshow piece, im glad they are doing celtic as it is one of my favourite bio's, looks the part but i will reserve my judgment until i see some better pictures, hopefully they will explain the odd coloured parts, or better still... correct them...

Sorry guys, but I disagree... Steve's was good, but this comes right out of the movie mold, so it's more accurate than Steve's.

So far, so good, but Steve's looks better than this one IMO. Being true to the used sculpt in film is one thing, Steve's has more attitude to it than this one IMO...
Also, this is cheaper... you get the lights and a bad ass stand that can be wall mounted for the same price as what Steve's bio sold for fully painted, and that didn't include lights or a base.
Partially true to a degree, Steve once offered for roughly 250 to me for a raw cast with mirrored lenses. Didn't have the finance back then, but I'll take Steve's over the Sideshow's anytime I'm afraid. Narrows down to taste I think, but I've yet have to see more on this Sideshow one :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back