Sideshow Scar Bio replica

I don't think it has been posted before. In my opinion, it looks damn fine and accurate!!
Sideshow is just producing every possible item I think. Just too many predator fans :D

Looks really nice, but it's SIDESHOW... the worlds most expensive maker of collectibles. I hate to think it, but they cater to the richer people a little too much. Im not saying it is bad to be rich, but when you are a 8-5 worker ant, and have a family, and children plus bills on top of that... one cant really afford these types of things (which totally sucks, because I work my ass off to support my habits, and my family).

Looks really nice, but it's SIDESHOW... the worlds most expensive maker of collectibles. I hate to think it, but they cater to the richer people a little too much. Im not saying it is bad to be rich, but when you are a 8-5 worker ant, and have a family, and children plus bills on top of that... one cant really afford these types of things (which totally sucks, because I work my ass off to support my habits, and my family).

Totally agree with you!

So true...

I have a recasted P1 1:1 bust, have mixed feelings about it, but ultimately am glad that I have him (and call him "Hank").
Sideshow has outpriced itself for obvious reasons and that being the sole reason they exist...

reyals once again, im with you man, i dont have half the **** id absolutely love to have cause the family comes first, but my comment on this piece besides it just looks really nice is the fact that you can totally see where the alien fingers acid blood swept over the mask to burn the mark into it! it looks perfect from what i can tell! im personally waiting on the chopper, i like him even though he was careless and got himself killed ( while he was about to break code and kill an unarmed FEMALE no less, pesky humans! always gettin in the way) i like his style "kill first and ask questions later" but then again look where it got him... :D

Im not one to bitch, but like I said... Sideshow is catering to those of us who are either more fortunate than some, or very irresponsible with their cash flow.

This piece is a work of art though, and I wish I did have the funds to acquire such a piece, but you all know. I like the things Sideshow brings to us, and would give almost anything to be able to purchase some of their products, but the price is out of my range. I will have to stick to my Figures, and other collectibles (even though the money I have into them would probably buy most of the things I want from Sideshow... go Figure... Ha!). :D

No pun intended.

Nothing irresponsible about it...if you can't get it,you can't get it.Its a nice piece though yes and you get what you pay for.

Personally I've been disappointed by Sideshow's releases, the dioramas for the Predator aren't really that good, A, the face on the P1 isn't right, and B, the P2 is in an odd pose, which still is fine with me, but you can see the pegs under his feet and they just look weird. Then you've got the Jurassic Park diorama which I was going to be all over, except the T-rex looks like he has possum teeth. Hell, Papo are much cheaper than the Sideshow diorama, and their products look much better.

The Scar bio is cool, except it looks really similar to the P1, and they had a lot of other cool masks they could have made, Celtic and the Lost Hunters... Oh well, I'm not complaining about saving money.

Speaking of saving money...if they make a Velociraptor bust, I'm pretty much hosed.

Umm no they're not, they're actually the cheapest makers of licensed high quality collectibles. Try looking at items from Cinemaquette and HCG, they are all way more expensive.

High end collectibles are not for everyone, but I know tons of people with kids, house etc that have tons of SSC stuff, it depends where your money is. I have a lot of collectibles, but I don't spend money on anything else. I buy a PC once every 5 years and really have no funky gadgets. I also have a small house so my bills are small etc... But SSC is very affordable, they release maybe 1 Predator collectible every couple of months unless it's a crazy year and I don't think $200 - $300 every 2 months is that much of a stretch if you save a bit each week.

I should also mention that both the Wolf AND Scar bios are cheaper than what I have seen many people selling their own sculpted and painted helmets here for and these have LEDs and mounting bases, not to mention are direct from ADI's molds.

I agree that some stuff from Sideshow is overpriced, like that silly Hybrid Maquette, but Sideshow is definitely not the most expensive at all. The cheapest Cinemaquette piece is like $1500 and the P1 they have coming up is $2000.

Dan

Personally I've been disappointed by Sideshow's releases, the dioramas for the Predator aren't really that good, A, the face on the P1 isn't right, and B, the P2 is in an odd pose, which still is fine with me, but you can see the pegs under his feet and they just look weird. Then you've got the Jurassic Park diorama which I was going to be all over, except the T-rex looks like he has possum teeth. Hell, Papo are much cheaper than the Sideshow diorama, and their products look much better.

The Scar bio is cool, except it looks really similar to the P1, and they had a lot of other cool masks they could have made, Celtic and the Lost Hunters... Oh well, I'm not complaining about saving money.

Speaking of saving money...if they make a Velociraptor bust, I'm pretty much hosed.

I'm not a fan of their 1:6 scale stuff, but most of the Maquettes and life-size stuff is just too cool.

Yeah, you are correct FAKEN, about SSC not being the most expensive, but when they produce so many items every few months, that adds up really fast, and you could find yourself spending as much on SCC, as you would for just one of the other brands. Plus, when they sell out so damned fast, one has to go to the secondary market, and spend twice as much as the ones who made it there first.
Yes, I know the pre-order is a good thing, but still, you have to pre-buy the item to receive the package when it comes out.

Oh well, I am too late on all of them anyway, and maybe one day I will be able to get a SCC collection going, but until then... it's 7-8" plastic for me... or whatever they throw my way that I can afford.

Yeah, you are correct FAKEN, about SSC not being the most expensive, but when they produce so many items every few months, that adds up really fast, and you could find yourself spending as much on SCC, as you would for just one of the other brands. Plus, when they sell out so damned fast, one has to go to the secondary market, and spend twice as much as the ones who made it there first.
Yes, I know the pre-order is a good thing, but still, you have to pre-buy the item to receive the package when it comes out.

Oh well, I am too late on all of them anyway, and maybe one day I will be able to get a SCC collection going, but until then... it's 7-8" plastic for me... or whatever they throw my way that I can afford.

It costs nothing to Pre-Order in advance and you can cancel your pre-order anytime you wish right up until it's about to be billed and shipped, and you are notified before that. You should always pre-order something you are interested and see how it goes instead of getting stuck with the secondary. Subscribe to the newsletter and you gets a heads up everytime they announce a new product so you don't miss out.

And if you're selective about what you buy, they don't really release that much. I get maybe 5 or 6 things a year from them, and even then it's to review and then re-sell. In total I've bought and kept 10 thins from Sideshow in the last 5 years lol!

I get maybe 5 or 6 things a year from them, and even then it's to review and then re-sell. In total I've bought and kept 10 thins from Sideshow in the last 5 years lol!

How about you sell me the 1:1 Predator Bust for 5 dollars! I guess.....I'll pay shipping.

I really like this scar bio, the detail on those scratches is awesome and the price isn't bad at all.

I agree with Faken they a certainly not the most expensive and offer payment deals on some of the more expensive items. Personally their quality on the 1/1 scale has been top notch. I will certainly be getting one, its not pegged to be out until next year anyway.

Sideshow are quite affordable in my opinion, the ADI bio replica's are second to none when it comes to movie props in my opinion.

I was lucky to find a Wolf Bio this week in Australia, finding stuff at home rocks now ive got Scar's bio on pre order also, i only intend to buy the other 2 Pred Bios when they eventually release those also

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back