Sideshow Sauron Statue- Received!

belloq

Sr Member
I just finally received the Sideshow Sauron statue. It is awesome, huge, detailed and simply beautiful. I can't wait to display it. However, I have three questions:

1) I don't own many of the Sideshow LOTR pieces, but was any paperwork or COA supposed to be included?
2) One of the spikes, inserted at the back of Sauron's right foot, won't insert fully and won't stay firmly in place (You can see it fell out onto the base in one of the photos below.) IÂ’m beginning to think they sent me two of the same spikes so the fit on one of them is wrong. Has anyone else had this problem?
3) As you can see somewhat in the photos, I couldnÂ’t get the statue to insert down on the post into his left foot all the way, so the bottom of the foot doesnÂ’t touch down on the base (ItÂ’s really heavy and made of fragile polystone, so you have to be careful of chipping and rubbing.) So it looks like heÂ’s leaning a bit. Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks.

sauron1.jpg

sauron2.jpg

sauron3.jpg

sauron4.jpg

sauron5.jpg

It looks awesome. I have one I ordered awhile ago due to come in a few days. I'll let you know if I have the same "foot" problem. Have you contacted Sideshow yet?

What an amazing statue. I wish i'd ordered one now.

The only thing that put me off was that the angle of his head seems to be turned to an unatural degree.

otherwise it's INCREDIBLE.

Thanks. I sent emails to my retailer and Sideshow. My retailer said to work with Sideshow so I guess I'll wait to hear from them.

I wonder how accurate the armour is? Ive seen the exhibit but the armor is so odd its hard to make out whats going on...from an armourers point of view.

Anybody have comparison pics..?

As Peter Griffin would say . . . 'Freakin' Sweeet.'

But for the scratch you must've laid down for this piece, you should be 100% satisfied.

Hope Sideshow comes through for ya.

Hector

Is the helmet on this statue the same size as the sauron helmet that you can buy seperate from sideshow?

I've just bought one of those sideshow sauron helmets and was wondering if this statue uses the exact same helmet?

Keith.

Man, that's impressive.

I ended up cancelling my Sauron order to justify the upcoming MR Obi EE expense, but I wish I could have gotten both. :cry

I received my Sauron statue today - what a beast. It is an awesome piece, friggin heavy to boot. I couldnt believe how much he weighs. :eek

I dont think he would last on a bracketless shelf. :lol

Originally posted by Keith@Sep 26 2005, 05:48 PM
Is the helmet on this statue the same size as the sauron helmet that you can buy seperate from sideshow?

I've just bought one of those sideshow sauron helmets and was wondering if this statue uses the exact same helmet?

Keith.
[snapback]1084587[/snapback]​

Keith,

No, they are not the same. The statue is 1/6 scale and the separate helmet is 1/4 scale.

Kraulnik

Got mine today (some number in the 2000's). Great piece.. Really dark and menacing. The statue is much darker in person, which I like. I think the flash or lights washed out some of that in the pics above. As far as how well he sits on the base, mine seems to fit pretty well. It is a bit of a tight fit on the peg, but it seems ok. And as others mentioned it is one heavy piece. Almost 20 inches tall and about 30 lbs. I love it..

Yeah he is very cool. I like him so much I just bought the morgul lord statue too. I am really digging these Sideshow statues... :)

My comic shop has this statue and it is breathtaking.

Ive seen these available fr <250 and was debating grabbing one but the size
makes it very tough to store and display(i dont wanna drop 200- more for a display case).

...and I heard its fragile?
Thats the kiss of death to me.
All i need is to bump it while walking past and it shatters in half...

Originally posted by hyperdyne@Sep 29 2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah he is very cool.  I like him so much I just bought the morgul lord statue too.  I am really digging these Sideshow statues...  :)
[snapback]1086442[/snapback]​

They are very nice and VERY heavy.
I love the ring on its finger, as its a separate gold plated or brass ring.

Keith.

5a_2.jpg

hold it a sec, the 1:1 helm is that BIG?
Holy crap.

The statue itself is really huge, the helmet looks monstrous

Originally posted by Keith@Jan 11 2006, 03:28 PM
They are very nice and VERY heavy.
I love the ring on its finger, as its a separate gold plated or brass ring.

Keith.

5a_2.jpg

[snapback]1156360[/snapback]​

Yeah, the helmet is huge.
If you walk around the house wearing it duck down when you walk through door ways.
Not that i ever walk around the house wearing it :$

Keith.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back