Sideshow New Item

DragonShadow

Sideshow New Item, item#400050, the Berserker!
72c417d5gw1dsj1hc3tptj.jpg

my main problem is that it's not movie accurate at all!! the pred in the movie was nowhere NEAR as agile as this guy seams to be.... :rolleyes: then again i hear it's hard to run in high heals *ooooooooooohhh*

Yeah, I just don't get the whole "dynamic pose" of this. Berserker never ran like that in the film. Maybe in the comic... but not in the film. It is just not true to film.

If they had made him in a pose where he is taking out the "classic" then that may be a statue worth buying. Like a Pred v. Pred type thing.

I swear to god Hot Toys always come up with silly poses, which is killing the awesomeness of their figures. I remember when they release a 24" P1
that looks like he's about to shoot a bird in the sky. lol

Probably would have been better if his upper body was straightened up a little, with one hand fisted and the other one with fingers spread. This truly does look like he's tripping. Or going to trip. I just don't see how he's going to place his feet on the next step without falling flat on his bio.

The teeth on the jaw don't seem too defined, either. Looks like he's coming to gum you. Yep, as soon as he picks himself up out of the water.

I ordered this guy because I really liked the falconer when I got it and I love the art work that comes with the sideshow exclusive version of him. I have to agree that I am not a huge fan of the way his hands look, but overall I like the piece. I did flex pay so I wont get it for another 2 weeks or so. I am reserving final judgement until it comes in.

I ordered this guy because I really liked the falconer and I love the art work that comes with the sideshow exclusive version of him. I have to agree that I am not a huge fan of the way his hands look, but overall I like the piece. I did flex pay so I wont get it for another 2 weeks or so. I am reserving final judgement until it comes in.

..but this is Berserker, NOT Falconer.....I hope you ordered right one....

The Jaw's teeth are way too small and I agree with Jay...I'd rather have his hands as fists for agression it would be so much better.
Cool pose nonetheless...

Out of all of these three (if I was loaded to even buy one) I'd buy Tracker. Yeah, his armor isn't the right color (and neither is Falconer's), but his pose in my opinion is the most...well not dynamic as Berserker but I can sort of see a story happening in it;

"After a hunt, Tracker decides t otake his strongest hound for some routine exercise/walk/run. Then at sometime during that, something catches the hound's attention. As all good dog owners do, they tell their dog to heel and behave. The hound doesn't and goes a little crazy."

Sideshow is really losing it with all of these artistic licensce poses. Their Classic Predator/Hamlet pose is the worst. What I really dislike about this statue is that it is basically just a big grey blob. All of the different parts are painted with such similar shades of grey that it just blends from one section to the next. And they used an airbrush for spots on the legs and arms, and used a brush on the chest. It's just really sloppy work, not to mention the pose.

So I got my beserker statue in, and I got to say that I really like it. I ordered the sideshow exclusive that comes with the alternate head and artwork. I love the artwork, it is the concept art for the movie like the one that came with the falconer. It is not all sunny shine and lolly pops I will say that. I think the paint on the piece itself is really well done personally. The head with out the helmet looks much better then how it looked on sideshows website. The teeth are well defined and the overall design on his face is wonderful. The body has the spots a little clustered, but it still looks really well done. The armor is well defiend and the I really like the little bit of battle damage add. They added some great detailing to this piece in my opinion. The base is beatiful. The paint and sculpt look amazing for that landscape design and really help bring the piece to life. The pouncing of off the fallen tree really looks good when you see it in person. Now I have touched on the good, here are my dislikes with the piece. The alternate head has way to many quils. For some reason they add quils to the mandibels and some extras below the ones seen with the bio on. I dont know why they did this, but it is just excessive. Like many people, I dont understand what they were thinking with the hands. I dont know what he is doing in the pose but it does not work. I think it would help if the blade was extended and that hand a fist, or make the left hand a fist and make it appear that he is about to grab something. Really space the fingers out in the left hand and I think that would work better. I have never really done a review before, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents on this piece. There has been a lot of hate thrown at it, and I wanted to try and give it another pesptective. Overall I give the piece a 4 out of 5 stars in my book. I included some of my personal pics as well, not sure if it helps what I had to say. Please be gentle with my review, this is only my opinion. :cool:

DSCF1063.JPG

DSCF1065.JPG

DSCF1066.JPG

DSCF1067.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back