Sideshow Life Size Yoda

andyoda

G'day, does anyone have the new life size Sideshow Yoda? I've got one on order but after having their life size Boba Fett also on order and seeing it and thinking it was pretty ordinary I cancelled it. I've just watched the Sideshow Yoda give away and it's not looking too promising once again. I don't understand why they paint or use decals for the eyes when it's not that expensive to used "Tech Optics" acrylic eyes that really bring a prop to life.

Maybe I should just cancel it too and give up on buying Sideshows stuff...

What roughly does a finished Cyberman's Yoda sell for?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's fine here...

Yeah SS needs to stop with their bait and switch approach to 1:1 lifesize stuff...

They get top people of the world to make the prototypes... Make them near PERFECT...

And ship inaccurate high priced crap...

Sorry, but I would NEVER buy any of their stuff.

Sorry mate, can someone delete this so I can put it the correct forum...

It's fine here...

Yeah SS needs to stop with their bait and switch approach to 1:1 lifesize stuff...

They get top people of the world to make the prototypes... Make them near PERFECT...

Although I was not impressed with their Yoda the Boba, HIC, and D.V looked amzing. HIC just needed to make the seams from where he was split in three look better.

The finished product of the Boba and HIC are beyond horrific. When you compare them to the prototypes they are just aweful.

Sidshow really should not be aloud to have a Star Wars License after this.

It's fine here...

I'm thinking of emailing SS and telling them how disappointed we are with their life size stuff and how they're not worth the money. I realise they have to pay for the licensing and production costs which are not cheap but to go to all that trouble to hire the best in the business who make a beautiful piece, to then make the production item just plain ordinary. The colour is so way off it's beyond ridiculous and if I do buy one I would revamp the whole head and put in proper acrylic or glass eyes and airbrush it properly. I do have to say that the rest of the Yoda looks good it's just his head which just doesn't capture Yoda and this is the main and important part of him.

Interesting! Slightly off topic but what is wrong with their Boba? The prototype was quite cool!

There is a show off thread here where a member got one. Look at it and then compare to the prototype and it's astonishing how bad the end product is when compared. At first glance it's okay minus a high sitting helmet but when you compare and look close,....wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a show off thread here where a member got one. Look at it and then compare to the prototype and it's astonishing how bad the end product is when compared. At first glance it's okay minus a high sitting helmet but when you compare and look close,....wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cancelled my SS Boba as it wasn't at all close to the prototype and I'll be cancelling the Yoda tomorrow and not wasting my money. I'm giving up on Side**** I mean Sideshow lol. Have you seen Bobamakers mate? Not cheap though.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back