Sideshow / Legacy Effects Baby Yoda (The Child) mods and upgrades!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

nightlyfob79

Next thing I wanted to do was add some hair to the ears. I think his head is made of resin. Too hard for punching hair. So I just glued some wool to them.

View attachment 1366538

First I pulled a very small amount of wool. Then i made a few beads with superglue along the top ridge and pressed it on. Then worked my way down the back of the ear with some more glue.

View attachment 1366539

Pressed on more wool, pulling it to cover more area and then trimming the excess with a pair of scissors.

View attachment 1366540

I also trimmed some of the longer fly-aways on the top of his head.
Hi what wool did you use and where did you get it ?????

Thanks Mate he looks so much better with hair on the ears !

Soulinertia

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
He looked hungry, so I made him a snack . . . :p

Screenshot_20201111-025441_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20201111-030153_Instagram.jpg

IMG_20201112_182106_509.jpg

I've decided to do a limited run of custom hand painted one-eyed Sorgan frogs! These will be injection molded (not 3D printed) so they'll be very smooth and have a slight rubber-like give to them. I also embedded a magnet into the side so it can attach to his hand :cool:

IMG_20201112_182106_510.jpg

I'll only be doing a limited run of these. I aim to have the first batch of 20 shipped before Christmas! Link to pre-order: INERTIA DESIGNS

I have a couple of other goodies in there I've been working on as well. One of which is an "upgrade kit" that includes wire for the arm mod (I'll probably go with a slightly thicker gauge), silicon eyelids (which I'll have actual pics of soon, still working on the sculpt) and a bit of wool with glue provided for the ears ;)

mluder

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nice mods - you're tempting me to do the same but I don't know if I have the intestinal fortitude to try. That said (not to hijack your thread) but you should check out the Welding Geek on YouTube. He came up with an interesting method to make the whole thing posable.

Cheers
Steven

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Man seeing that video is really making me think combining the Sideshow head/hands with the HotToys body may be the best of both.

OddballFett

Man seeing that video is really making me think combining the Sideshow head/hands with the HotToys body may be the best of both.
But expensive! Is there no-one around here who could brainstorm and do some kind of (relatively) cheap poseable body that just made use of the Sideshow head, hands and feet?

While all these mods are impressive, they're a little intimidating to those of us who can barely make a paper plane!

ggriffaw

Sr Member
But expensive! Is there no-one around here who could brainstorm and do some kind of (relatively) cheap poseable body that just made use of the Sideshow head, hands and feet?

While all these mods are impressive, they're a little intimidating to those of us who can barely make a paper plane!
Looks like it wouldn't be easy to remove the hands and feet then install them on another body. Cutting them off and using wire for posing is probably the easiest.