Sideshow JAWS Maquette with Reference Materials

Scarecrow

Check out this new piece from Sideshow. The exclusive comes with reference materials that might be of great interest to some members here.

7153_press01-001.jpg

71531_press09-001.jpg

I'm really liking Sideshow a lot.

They are doing some really exceptional pieces and not all that are mainstream subjects, my hat is really off to them for taking the chances and giving the collectors some great items.

Jim

Just saw the price. I seldom complain about prices but almost 300 bones?.

Knocked my interest level down a peg or two.

I like the direction Sideshow is headed but they need to work on those sweetspots a little.

Originally posted by Rogue Studios@Feb 15 2006, 02:50 AM
I like this just reminds of when movies actually amazed me at how they did certain things but CGI has eliminated that wonderment.

Lee
[snapback]1184628[/snapback]​

Well said....

Originally posted by Rylo@Feb 14 2006, 11:38 PM
Just saw the price. I seldom complain about prices but almost 300 bones?.

Knocked my interest level down a peg or two.

I like the direction Sideshow is headed but they need to work on those sweetspots a little.
[snapback]1184669[/snapback]​
I have to agree with you on the price thing, with more and more for the collector to purchase it getting real hard to spread the cash around.

Jim

Price thing is one thing, but the thing is 28" long and 14" high. That's HUGE. I think it's a fairly decent price. If someone made a garage kit of something like this at that scale it would probably cost you at least $100-150 without any finish work or paint. Plus with the exclusive, you get those really cool blueprints. I think it's a neat idea.

The MBP model that was out years ago I think was the same price. $279 is not that bad. I sent in for a shipping quote. that might be the deal breaker for me.

Originally posted by Neon Sentry@Feb 15 2006, 04:10 PM
28" long? Damn, that pic doesn't really reveal the scale, does it? $300 doesn't sound that bad at all...
[snapback]1185029[/snapback]​

Put it this way - that's just (approx) 4" shorter than the blade of an FX lightsaber... :love :love

That is very cool...
28" is huge...

Man, Sideshow IS putting out some awesome stuff, ESPECIALLY that 1:1 Aliens bust, I keep going back to that page, hovering over the buy button saying "Eating Kleenex for a few months isn't all that bad..."

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back