SIDESHOW DROPPED THE BALL!

DBOYSLADE

The Tracker Sideshow Maquette

Just got it this afternoon. The wife and I were all excited to see the one finally come in. (Yes my wife ... Got her into the Pred's as well. This one was her fav.)
She called me up at work to let me know that it came, and soon as it was time to leave work I was out of there.

First look at the box .... It was big. So I knew then this one was going to be a nice size Maquette. Packed very well. So that's a plus on sideshow. But here's where that lost it.

After taking him out of the box and placing him on the base ........ HHHMMMMM! Something just did not look right.

1. The Base - The Pred writing going around the rim was so caked over in paint that you could hardly see the symbols. Also the paint job was really bad. No detail color tones to set the base scene apart from the rest of the wood/dirt/sand/rock base.

2. The Tracker - Paint job was ****! Nothing like the pictures on their website. Even the dreads waving in the back are different. No shadowing or detail on the paint job. All flat. Like I said "NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURE." No weathering to the armor. Skin color was bad ..... No darker tones for cracks in the skin. The Bones around his neck. were painted the same color as the skin. No Shading or weathering what so ever.

3. The Dog - Over spray of pink around the mouth area. Very flat in color. Nothing like the image on their website in color wise.

Paint Job Rating: 1-10

10 - Being like Joe Dunaway
5 - Starting to learn Tone/layers
1 - 3 Year old paint for the first time.

I'd have to give it a: 3

4 - Knowing how to paint within the lines.

I was so mad after seeing this .... I just boxed it back up and have it ready to return back to Sideshow.

Sorry I don't have Pics. I just could not bare to look at this thing any longer.

So if anyone does have one coming ..... Look it over. You may see what I mean. Also prepared yourself for the disappointed.

WOW that SUCKS! while not expecting "a joe dunaway" i would've expected a little more for such a pricey piece, perhaps your return will help make them step it up on falconer (and berserker, if he's ever up)

sorry to hear that bud, i don't even know what else to say, trophies the same color as the skin!!!!!! WTF! to say the least, a very disappointing 3 that must've been

come on sideshow!!!! don't get our hopes up with all these new preds if they're gonna be **** when they arrive! so unfair!!!

daaam, mine comes in on THursday, gotta look at it closely, luckily I got it for a real good price, did you take any pics

No Pics sorry. Too Pissed off at that time to even bother to take any. Only had it out of the box for 10 minutes. Wife and I looked at it and both were in shock. She even said to box it back up. All that was going through my mind was "WTF Sideshow."

No Pics sorry. Too Pissed off at that time to even bother to take any. Only had it out of the box for 10 minutes. Wife and I looked at it and both were in shock. She even said to box it back up. All that was going through my mind was "WTF Sideshow."
Eek!!!

Like a lot of people state when it comes to the price of collectibles in this price range... GET IT RIGHT!!!

A man's hard earned dollar goes into the quality and value of these type of things... companies should be more apt to satisfying it's customer along with their pocket books. The better you produce them... the more money you make.

'...of course... that's my opinion".

Eek!!!

Like a lot of people state when it comes to the price of collectibles in this price range... GET IT RIGHT!!!

A man's hard earned dollar goes into the quality and value of these type of things... companies should be more apt to satisfying it's customer along with their pocket books. The better you produce them... the more money you make.

'...of course... that's my opinion".
Your totally right on the money.Its alot of money to not get something you stop and look at in your house and say "thats awesome " .Anything less than that is fraud to me.

Oooooh! I was saving pennies cause I was just thinking of getting this as a first statue. I can't even see a green paint on his dreads, and the scales of the hound looks like it was just painted over the body no portrusions to make it real. ( correct me if I'm wrong pls.) this is a no go for me, just wrong. Might as well get the HT. Thanks for pointing these. I know very few people get disappointed with SS.

Oooooh! I was saving pennies cause I was just thinking of getting this as a first statue. I can't even see a green paint on his dreads, and the scales of the hound looks like it was just painted over the body no portrusions to make it real. ( correct me if I'm wrong pls.) this is a no go for me, just wrong. Might as well get the HT. Thanks for pointing these. I know very few people get disappointed with SS.
Hot toys trump all these statues in my book.Some are amazing but for the most part they dont move and being able to pose my figures is my thing.I guess its personal for everyone though.Im just blow away for that price for a statue.No pun intended..............just chatting .

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back