Sideshow Darth Maul bust.

Simmon M

Sr Member
Here are some pics of Sideshow's 1:1 Maul bust.

I'll try and take better pics of it later this weekend. The sculpt is outrageous. I expected a little more from the paint job but that's only because Jeff Camp and Thad Rhodes have me spoiled. :)

DarthMaul002.jpg

DarthMaul03.jpg

DarthMaul04.jpg

DarthMaul05.jpg

DarthMaulwithPredator01.jpg

DarthMaulwithPredator02.jpg

DarthMaulwithYoda02.jpg

DarthMaulwithYoda03.jpg

I just got mine in today as well.. Thought I'd take a look here to see if anyone had any opinions yet.. I agree.. The sculpt is great, but I'm not thrilled with the eyes.. They're painted and would have made the bust so much nicer if they were done a little better.. Wish there was a way to get some glass eyes in there..

but other then that, I love it.. I'm considering putting it on a mannequin and going all out with him :)

I have to agree with Tension113 on the eyes - they leave a *lot* to be desired. They look a little better in person then they do in my pics but not a whole lot better.

Bothanspy - I got it straight from Sideshow ... $600 (Yikes.).

Allosaur ... hopefully I'll have pics of Greedo soon. Hehe. :)

Looks pretty darn nice. Except for the eyes. But for a talented painter, I'm sure they could be touched up and much improved. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Nice, he looks really good. I figured the eyes would not be as good as the proto.

I still think it's great though.

Nice collection, please post more pics.

Congrats Simmon and Tenison. Personally, I think the eyes are 95% spot on. I got mine yesterday, and I absolutely love it.

[attachmentid=7996]
[attachmentid=7997]
[attachmentid=7998]
[attachmentid=7999]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bothanspy @ May 12 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]1243143[/snapback]</div>
Does the bust comes with the hood?
[/b]

Yes, it does but it comes seperately and I was in a rush when I took these pics so I didn't take it out of the bag for display.

Since I'm in the process of moving I had to throw this sucker into storage this morning. Maybe Mini-Rock could take some pics with the hood on?

Mine showed up today.

This is a very NICE piece.

Here are the pics, some with hood. I really love it both ways but will probably leave the hood on.

mmaul1.jpg

mmaul3.jpg

mmaul2.jpg

mmaul4.jpg

Thanks for posting pics with the hood on Gru. I'll be adding the hood to mine once I receive the acrylic case for it. Great pics all around guys. :) :thumbsup

I noticed on the close-up pics that his tatoos are "outlined" recessed into the sculpt to help in painting.

I think if Sideshow just made some tatoo painting templates (along with some glass eyes), it would help to make the bust more realistic.

Love to pick one up if the price dropps a little.

Nick

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back