Sideshow ALIEN WARRIOR MAQUETTE

sabres21768

Sideshow has posted a teaser video for SDCC.

In it, you see a very quick teaser of the upcoming ALIEN WARRIOR MAQUETTE.

Looks like it might be in a crouching position.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?vide...tm_medium=email

Warrior1.jpg.gif

Thanks to Trilogy for the heads up.

Warrior1.jpg.gif

Is nobody else on this board interested in this piece?

Here's a quick shot with a person, for scale.

I don't know if that's $800 worth of Alien though. :dunno

alienl.jpg.png

alienl.jpg.png

$800?!! Am I reading this right?! It's a nice piece; rather big and, from what I can tell from the pictures, well sculpted and painted. But the price tag is ridiculously high for me, not only because I can't afford it, but mostly because, I think, it isn't worth so much. Only my two cents...

Well, alright. I'm kinda confused though about the terminology used. I thought a "Maquette" was what the artists used to base the actual suit pieces around. Like a full standing tall figure... not something that seems more like a glamorized model kit. In my opinion, a maquette should be the only thing there... like standing up tall so you can soak in all the detail. Not wrapped around a steam pipe in some kind of a pose. That's NOT a maquette.. that's a MODEL KIT. I guess there's a difference between the retail version of "Maquette" and the movie version- of which I'd expect nothing more than the creature itself standing upright in a more "Study me" pose.

Ok... let me get this straight. $800 for that? Seriously? Eight hundred ******* dollars for that? They can say that, and not smirk or giggle? That's how much they sold that half-assed painted P1 bust for. They want in upwards fo $800 for that ******* toy? That's what it is.. a super special magic model kit. That's all it is. **** that.

Well I'm glad someone has more faith in this "recession" than I do. Good luck selling that model kit.. errrr... I mean "Maquette." I guess the fancier word means more money. Which is what it's all about.. right?

Prices have gone through the roof in a time when people are being much more careful with their money. This piece is ok, but it sure as **** isn't worth what they are asking...MAYBE if it was twice the size. MAYBE.

$800 for that alien piece is asking a bit much. I'd pay $800 for a bust piece of that alien and a bigger base that looked just like what the alien is standing on.

It's a nice piece but not worth the price tag.

I am new to this but I agree. I would pay 200 in a heartbeat (if I had it and could justify spending it on that). But 800.00? I would honestly pool my money some more, and buy a skin and have one on a dummy.

--Josh

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back