Sideshow 40 Watt Plasma Rifle

rudolpht

I really hate people who gloat, show off, show off threads, etc., but as a service to the community, here's what came in today. Sideshow gets kudos for a well cast and prepped prop (I know there are better) for the T2 fan.

T240-wattPlasmaRifle0.jpg

T240-wattPlasmaRifle.jpg

T240-wattPlasmaRifle2.jpg

T240-wattPlasmaRifle3.jpg

T240-wattPlasmaRifle4.jpg

Originally posted by Kerr Avon@Feb 15 2006, 10:16 PM
Very cool.  How's the heft?
[snapback]1185668[/snapback]​
It's heavy, solid. About 9.5 lbs gun alone. It's a cast, but I can only contrast to the Constantine Shotgun, it's an order of magnitude better in detail, paint, and the ability to lift it off the base. I'm impessed with Sideshow since the Samaritan came out.

Very nice. I wasn't sure when they were shipping as most sites are vague on that. I really like the stand and plaque.

Its nicer than the custom built global Uk one that is for sale on ebay often, and most of the other cast off screen used replicas lack the rifle barrel which protrudes underneath.

What's the story on the upside-down rifle barrel? Is it supposed to fire slugs as well as plasma? And the clip at the end, is that a battery? Unless something drastically new comes about you can't load regular cartridges with 'plasma' bullets.

Jay

The bottom barrel is the pilot laser, the top fires the Plasma bolt, the mag is prob a battery of some sort.

"One of the most effective is the 40-Watt Phased Plasma Rifle, which fires superheated hydrogen compressed to a plasma state. After targeting, a pilot laser in the weapon vaporizes a path through the atmosphere to the target a microsecond before the plasma bolt is produced. The rifle is capable of rate of fire superior to the common resistance weaponry, with minimal risk of overheating or weapon shutdown. The plasma bolt is capable of penetrating nearly all forms of armor protection. Striking an organic target with the super hot plasma bolt will almost certainly result in fatality, including the possibility of explosion or neatly cauterized amputation. A near miss can inflict third degree burns, and 'splash damage' can be as devastating as a traditional grenade blast."
From Sideshow's site.

SAS

The bottom barrel was the actual machine gun barrel from a calico protroding underneath on the hero Endorifles. Its interesting that its designed to be the pilot laser though.

Originally posted by Sidewinder@Feb 16 2006, 06:13 PM
The bottom barrel is the pilot laser, the top fires the Plasma bolt, the mag is prob a battery of some sort.

"One of the most effective is the 40-Watt Phased Plasma Rifle, which fires superheated hydrogen compressed to a plasma state. After targeting, a pilot laser in the weapon vaporizes a path through the atmosphere to the target a microsecond before the plasma bolt is produced. The rifle is capable of rate of fire superior to the common resistance weaponry, with minimal risk of overheating or weapon shutdown. The plasma bolt is capable of penetrating nearly all forms of armor protection. Striking an organic target with the super hot plasma bolt will almost certainly result in fatality, including the possibility of explosion or neatly cauterized amputation. A near miss can inflict third degree burns, and 'splash damage' can be as devastating as a traditional grenade blast."
From Sideshow's site.

SAS
[snapback]1186139[/snapback]​

Super-daddy sweet. Try getting through an airport with that sucker.

How much are these worth now if they are in perfect condition and in the original box which is also packed inside the sideshow brown shipping box?

Keith.

I really hate people who gloat, show off, show off threads, etc., but as a service to the community, here's what came in today. Sideshow gets kudos for a well cast and prepped prop (I know there are better) for the T2 fan.

T240-wattPlasmaRifle0.jpg

T240-wattPlasmaRifle.jpg

T240-wattPlasmaRifle2.jpg

T240-wattPlasmaRifle3.jpg

T240-wattPlasmaRifle4.jpg
Do you happen to know the measurements of this plasma rifle? I'm going to scratch build one full scale for my T-800.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back