Sideshow 40 Watt Plasma Rifle

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by rudolpht, Feb 15, 2006.

1. rudolpht

rudolpht Well-Known Member

I really hate people who gloat, show off, show off threads, etc., but as a service to the community, here's what came in today. Sideshow gets kudos for a well cast and prepped prop (I know there are better) for the T2 fan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TheSt.LouisKid

TheSt.LouisKid Sr Member

3. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Very cool. How's the heft?

4. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

Nice eye candy. Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks nice...

5. rudolpht

rudolpht Well-Known Member

It's heavy, solid. About 9.5 lbs gun alone. It's a cast, but I can only contrast to the Constantine Shotgun, it's an order of magnitude better in detail, paint, and the ability to lift it off the base. I'm impessed with Sideshow since the Samaritan came out.

6. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Dayum.....I like.

7. firstmark

firstmark Well-Known Member

Very nice. I wasn't sure when they were shipping as most sites are vague on that. I really like the stand and plaque.

Its nicer than the custom built global Uk one that is for sale on ebay often, and most of the other cast off screen used replicas lack the rifle barrel which protrudes underneath.

8. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

Very cool...

9. Jedi Lawja

Jedi Lawja Well-Known Member

What's the story on the upside-down rifle barrel? Is it supposed to fire slugs as well as plasma? And the clip at the end, is that a battery? Unless something drastically new comes about you can't load regular cartridges with 'plasma' bullets.

Jay

10. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Sr Member

The bottom barrel is the pilot laser, the top fires the Plasma bolt, the mag is prob a battery of some sort.

"One of the most effective is the 40-Watt Phased Plasma Rifle, which fires superheated hydrogen compressed to a plasma state. After targeting, a pilot laser in the weapon vaporizes a path through the atmosphere to the target a microsecond before the plasma bolt is produced. The rifle is capable of rate of fire superior to the common resistance weaponry, with minimal risk of overheating or weapon shutdown. The plasma bolt is capable of penetrating nearly all forms of armor protection. Striking an organic target with the super hot plasma bolt will almost certainly result in fatality, including the possibility of explosion or neatly cauterized amputation. A near miss can inflict third degree burns, and 'splash damage' can be as devastating as a traditional grenade blast."
    From Sideshow's site.

SAS

11. bothanspy

bothanspy Sr Member

ok. Got to get me one now. :thumbsup :thumbsup

12. LeMarchand

LeMarchand Sr Member

beautiful, Timmie..

Marc

P.S. you KNOW my birthday is March 2nd, right??? :D ;)

13. firstmark

firstmark Well-Known Member

The bottom barrel was the actual machine gun barrel from a calico protroding underneath on the hero Endorifles. Its interesting that its designed to be the pilot laser though.

14. Jedi Lawja

Jedi Lawja Well-Known Member

It would have looked a lot better if they'd have removed the front site (upside-down).

Jay

15. The Hopkinator

The Hopkinator Sr Member

Super-daddy sweet. Try getting through an airport with that sucker.

16. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Does it come with a sound chip that says, "just what you see pal", and "I may close early today."

:p

- k

17. Keith

Keith Sr Member

How much are these worth now if they are in perfect condition and in the original box which is also packed inside the sideshow brown shipping box?

Keith.