Shuttle Bulkhead Kirk bumped head on Star Trek XI

CBDoohan

This is the bulkhead that Chris Pine bumped into on the Riverside shipyard Shuttle. I currently have it displayed on my wall at home (see pic). They say Bob Orci wrote that into the script as a homage to my dad bumping his head on a previous Star Trek movie.

To see a better pic, you can find it on my ebay site. www.thetransporterroom.com

That's totally cool!

Are you really Chris Doohan? I was a huge fan of your dad and got into aerospace engineering because of his character on Star Trek. I met him at a convention once and really enjoyed hearing some of his old war stories.

-Mike

And that bulkhead was LOW! When we did a walkthrough of the set, that was the first thing I did was accidently wack my head on the same item. Nice snag Chris. I ended up with a warning sign from the fueling station piece.

Very cool. He loved to talk about WW2 stories

Hi Chris and welcome......your father as I know you know was a great man.....Loved him! even have my full sized transporter I am building.....Just wish I could of had a piece of it signed by him! that would have been so sweet:love.............again welcome buddy!

Bruce

You dad was always my favorite character; it was also good to see you in the transporter scenes in the last Trek movie as well.

Last edited:
Welcome, Chris. Good to see you here. My brother and I met your dad once and he absolutely couldn't have been more gracious...

wait. they wrote that scene in the new startrek as a tribute to your dad, and you throw it on ebay?

shame on you. im not at all joking about it.

Shame on you for judging the character of people you don't even know. How can you assume something has any sentimental value for another person besides yourself?

Met you Dad Chris way back in 1983 or so at a Con, still have the pic and autograph, great man.

Last edited:
Welcome Chris! Met your father at a con once. Loved how he brought "Scotty" to life. Your Dad was extremly easy to talk with, and he put me at ease(y)thumbsup

So using your mis-placed judgemental logic, I guess you would ***** at Jimmy for cutting up his Kilt that he wore in TOS so that fans could have a piece of history. :rolleyes

Shame on you for even thinking of, let alone, posting such idiotic nonsense!

wait. they wrote that scene in the new startrek as a tribute to your dad, and you throw it on ebay?

shame on you. im not at all joking about it.

"i loved your dad's character"
"your dad's a great man"
"your dad's the reason why im an engineer"
"thats one of my favorite scenes in the movie"

"im putting up a major part of my father's life on ebay."

maybe those of you who are poo pooing on me, neglected to read the one floating around here with the guy whos father was a storm trooper in starwars and is trying to get the helmet his father wore as a very very very minor non autograph signing character back? if my father had such an impact on peoples lives, or had a minor role in a movie, whatever little i had to show for it, and he had to show for it would be very special, and not hocked on ebay.

shame on all of you.

Last edited:
Reading is fundamental, and it is something that you need to go back and do as clearly you have little comprehension of the posts here. :unsure

Show me where Chris said he is "Hocking" the beam on E-bay.

:lol Very good young padawan you passed that test. :lol

The thing that really has me puzzled is where you got the " i'm putting up a major part of my father's life on e-bay".

it took a little while for me to grasp that his dad was scotty, but they said that they wrote kirk hitting his head on the bulk head in the new trek in homage to his dad doing that, was a pretty big deal. they didnt have to do that.

regardless, i still think its wrong, and i have an even lesser feeling of respect for him for hocking stuff his father was involved with on ebay.

but thats just me.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back