Shuriken sizing

Double H

Sr Member
Yo peepz,

Has anyone got any idea of what size the shuriken should be? or a template to make one?

Have had a hunt around but everyone seems to have different sizes and shapes. I am looking to make an AVP version like the one below

predator_shuriken.jpg

Also, does anyone know how to make a spring load one or know anyone that makes one?

Any advice appreciated

Hunter

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, does anyone know how to make a spring load one or know anyone that makes one?

Any advice appreciated

A spring-loaded version would be physically impossible without altering the relative sizes. The blade sections are too long to fit around the circumference, and the volume of the blades is larger than the volume of the central disc. The movie shot of the blades opening was CGI.

Cool, any help is appreciated and that is a big help. Looking to re-make my shuriken soon as mine is too big lol

Cheers

you could probably make a spring loaded system to make them unfold. if you notice it seems to have hinges for the actual blade itself to fold. it would be a hassle but could work great if done correct, but for the most part people just put closed ones one there belt or something.

Yeah, I was thinking of making one using the idea of a spring-loaded toy knife - where the blade can be pushed in and out. I was thinking that this technique maybe able to be incorporated into the shuriken somehow.

Personally, I prefer the open one, but everyone to themselves.

i just printed the vinmac template one, but its waaaayyyy bigger than the pics posted by wolfpred, i printed in paint, 100% size

That first pic is a fantasy type knife display. Way too small for what you need for comparison. The second pic barely show the real size.

What some have done (including myself) is target a final size of a normal CD/DVD. It’s smaller than the movies but scaled better for costume wear.

Sounds like a good idea, have been racking my brains to figure out a way of making the blades retractable. I have many ideas, so just gotta trial and error them. I beleive that one may work though

have been trying to figure a way to do this too, thinking  cables running along the blades , when pulled would extend the blades , spring loaded so wen "trigger" is released it all closes back up. gota few ideas but no time to try them 

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back