Shrek Magic Mirror

JDaVinci

I have been making props for a while, but I haven't posted much of it. I decided to start getting more involved with the community. So I'll start by sharing a project my son and I finished last night for his drama class. He is in Jr High and has to recite the Magic Mirror monologue from Shrek. I made him this prop to help set the scene! (I made it large so we could use it after the project. I plan to put a video screen in it and actually have it display an animated face.

It is made from EPS foam, with a 2 part polyurethane hard coat.

2015-05-16 09.19.54.jpg 2015-05-16 09.20.49.png 2015-05-16 09.21.03.jpg 2015-05-19 19.36.57.jpg 2015-05-19 19.54.33.jpg 2015-05-20 17.43.35.jpg Mirror.JPG

Paradox

Nice work, looks great!

When I was a theater kid (and then into college), I loved this kind of stuff. Made the projects so much more fun!

PotionMistress

Sr Member
Wow! This is such a cool project. Your son is lucky to have such a talented father....like having your very own prop department in your home! :D

Also, making a realistic prop from an animation is something I will have to give more thought to. This opens up a new range of great ideas.
:thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.