Shows like Buffy, Angel, Charmed, & Supernatural?

ZennDarkfire

So over the past several months I have watched all of Charmed, Buffy, and Angel from start to finish. I also currently watch Supernatural. Does anyone have any good supernatural based show recommendations (preferably ones that didn't get cancelled) I have already watched Blood Ties, the Dresden Files, and Moonlight

Last edited:
Xfiles, Fringe, Poltergiest The Legacy, Lost Girl, Forever Knight, Highlander the Series, Stargate sometimes

Currently An AMerican Horror Story, Once Upon A Time starts SUnday ABC

I know of more just cant think of it off top of my head

Probably lose my man-card for admitting this, but the Mrs. and I watch the Vampire Diaries.

Yep, revoked. True blood would´ve been okay-ish, but VD not only has baaad storytelling, but cheap costumes, lazy set decoration and awful cinematography, too.

I've watched about ten episodes of Season 1 of Supernatural, and am ready to give up on it. Does it get better than poor X-files ripoff?

Should I stick with it, this show seems to have zero mythology, just one fairly lame monster of the week after another?

That is true for most of these shows in the first season, bad of the week. It does get much much better and the mythology is deep now.

chris

Not sure what you mean by "preferably ones that didn't get cancelled" as all the shows you watched were cancelled :)

How about Kolchak: the Night Stalker?

I've watched about ten episodes of Season 1 of Supernatural, and am ready to give up on it. Does it get better than poor X-files ripoff?

Should I stick with it, this show seems to have zero mythology, just one fairly lame monster of the week after another?

Supernatural is really good. But stop after season 5 as the show is falling like a brick at this point. The current villain is like a Buffy reject. I will only watch the first episode of next year to see what happens to a character then I'm out.

I like The Secret Circle a lot. The guy who played John Connor in Sarah Connor Chronicles is in it. If you like witches and magic the show is good.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back