Showoff: WORLD'S 1ST Titanium Luke ROTJ Lightsaber

Wow.

The Luke ROTJ Hero is not my favorite saber, but that is SMOKING impressive.

B):thumbsup

Magnificent.

That is 'Super Elite Edition.'

I think this marks prop history as the very first completed titanium lightsaber replica.

Congratulations, Chen.

Originally posted by Imperious825@Nov 10 2005, 06:16 AM
How heavy is it?

I imagine it has some weight, since titanium is about twice as heavy as aluminum.
[snapback]1113490[/snapback]​

850 grams.

Chen, that's the best version of this saber I've seen. Stunning.

Howard. :)

10x stronger then steel ay? DROP IT... Let's see some drop-test before and after pictures??? :lol

J/K the very though of dropping such a beautiful piece makes me shutter.

To be honest,

I really don't think this saber LOOKS much better than the other ROTJ Luke's I've seen, BUT what sets it apart are those LEDs.

I'm VERY impressed by those light-up LEDs. :thumbsup

Knowing a little bit about how tough it is to work with titanium and something about its expense (I've read quite a bit on aviation history and the SR-71 Blackbird development "saga"), the creator of this blade was extraordinarily brave and must have been mildly crazy to use the alloy. The stuff's expensive and a bitch to machine even if its strength-to-weight is far superior to most alloys. Kudos. :thumbsup

I'm sure Chen would get a lot of praise from ex-Skunkworks employees on this project... :lol

I'm sure more than a few of them would be wondering WHY a civilian would work a hobby project out in the metal... :confused :lol

Mmmmmm......titanium saber.

homerdrool0pw.jpg

amazing.

My wedding ring is titanium, and I'm always amazed at how light and strong it is. Someday, when I win that big lotto jackpot, I'm going to have a titanium rapier and dagger set custom made. ;)

Originally posted by Luke Warmwater@Nov 9 2005, 05:25 PM
At first it was supposed to have a vibrator...

:confused
[snapback]1113134[/snapback]​

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that reaction.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back