Showoff thread: Star Trek III phaser

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just had to bust out the showoff thread for this fine piece. :D

Built and detailed for me by Steve Dymszo of SDStudios. This is the kit sold by Roddenberry.com. No electronics unfortunately, we just couldn't connect those dots. But as a static piece, it rocks!

Steve even fixed the trigger button for me, giving it a black cap (can't abide Radio Shack red-button phasers! :lol)

Comes apart with screws, and has the switches and LEDs already installed, so if the right electronics do turn up, it can easily be made into a "hero". :)

My "Genesis Planet" exploration set is at last complete! :)

t3-exploset.jpg

P1090583.jpg

P1090578.jpg

P1090584.jpg

P1090588.jpg

P1090596.jpg

VERY nice!! Gives me some ideas for this piece of resin I have here. Does it have functional lights or anything?

I need to track down a trigger button for mine I think, I don't see it in the bag..

Beautiful, but I'm very disappointed to find that once again, the working STIII Phasers built by Richard A. Coyle have become unavailable on Roddenberry.Com. That's still one of my "Holy Grail" prop replicas that I keep intending to save up for.

You could gut one of the STII DS toys for the fx. I've seen that done with good results.

Possibly but the way the lights work on the Trek III is different than how the WOK toy works. Also the sound effect is different in III than WOK.

Now me, I'd be perfectly happy with just a light effect accurate to the prop... but it just got too complicated. :unsure

k

VERY nice!! Gives me some ideas for this piece of resin I have here. Does it have functional lights or anything?

I need to track down a trigger button for mine I think, I don't see it in the bag..

Thanks! There are no working electronics in this kit I am afraid. There is a working trigger switch (Radio Shack momentary switch with a black cap swapped out for the original red cap, thanks Steve!) but it isn't hooked up. The P1 has got the slider switch installed on top that would normally activate the cycling red LEDs. In place of those LEDs is a clear plastic piece that they provide.

Coolest of all the p1 is attached to the pistol grip with f'in MAGNETS. How they work remains a mystery. :sleep

k

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back