SHOWOFF my ESB Fett helmet w/INTERIOR!!!

DL 44 Blaster

Sr Member
I just finished this after about 4 weeks of planning,cutting,fitting,gluing,painting,etc. I used alot of different mediums such as artificial snow,"marine" vinyl,various PC parts,plumbing,motors,paint,etc. to achieve my final design which I am very proud of. None would have come to fruition so quickly without Marrow Sun's fantastic interior which gave me a canvas to build upon...my hats off to you sir

I took these pics without flash since they best represent what you see since the interior is so dark. Flash doesn't work out too well.

As many know it is an original MSH-1 which I painstakingly painted to movie accurate standards over the course of about 6 month's last year. The rangefinder is a MS 3 peice design which I polished the clear resin and installed the LED's from underneath. The stalk is an RA which I machined to movie standards myself.It has an original Borden connector to which I utilized a design inside to complement it's function.

This is the culmination of so much work I can't even describe it all and many other individuals talents for me to attain and build. To all those I say thank you.

I can FINNNNNAAAALLY say that my Boba Fett ESB helmet is 100% and totally DONE. (collapses on floor in utter exhaustion).....
Steve

[attachmentid=6310] [attachmentid=6311]
[attachmentid=6313] [attachmentid=6314]
[attachmentid=6312] [attachmentid=6315]

Originally posted by StarWars Collector@Jan 29 2006, 05:45 PM
Truely a work of art. Great job.  :thumbsup

But is it still wearable?

Cheers,
Leo
[snapback]1171217[/snapback]​

Good question...yes it is still wearable.....comfortable is another thing as those motor windings in the back tend to have a hunger for hair :lol .

It'll primarily spend most of its time atop a mannequin as soon as I make the final journey of assembly. The only thing that is right up against my head is the front display over the T-Visor. I didn't test fit for that one peice because I liked it so much and wanted to incorporate it somehow.

Thanks for the nice comments guys :$

Steve

Congratulations DL,

That is a piece to be proud of right there. Most impressive. And thanks for sharing the finished piece.

Ted.

Originally posted by DL 44 Blaster+Jan 29 2006, 08:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DL 44 Blaster @ Jan 29 2006, 08:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SpideyFett
@Jan 29 2006, 07:35 PM

That paint job is pretty sweet too...  :love .....done by you?? WOW..
[snapback]1171289[/snapback]​

Yep...every painstaking stroke :lol
[snapback]1171348[/snapback]​
[/b]

I hear ya LOL.. :lol
Looks WELL WORTH IT.....as on TDH, AWESOME BRO.. :thumbsup

Originally posted by Firespray@Jan 30 2006, 10:00 PM
Very Nice...
The artificial snow sparked my curiosity. Where was it used?
[snapback]1172257[/snapback]​

I used it on parts of the silver areas on the inside of the ear peices and the rear peice. The crumbly looking areas.

I also used it inbetween the top areas of the helmet of the vinyl. I don't like the look of simple painted fiberglass and wanted it to look better....or more cast. Especially the silver peices. Seeing cast aluminum I thought painting over the snow with silver would give the look of rough cast aluminum.

Different textures to work in the overall design was what I like to go for when doing a bucket interior. So much doesn't show up in the pics its a shame. The size doesn't help with seeing all the little details either.

Steve

Very impressive. Maybe you can get a thin balaclava to keep your hair out of the components. That's certainly a stand out piece. Congratulations. Your hard work has really paid off.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back