Showoff: My AFBB Obi ANH

I love the quozy EP 3 obi saber, but on the weathered one I got to say, that I like the dark lower stem, and wind van e, much, much better, then that look. All the reference PICS of the saber after the weathering happened clearly show that those parts are much darker, then the top part of the stem, almost, is not exactly as dark as the frag body. (Of course we all know that when it was new, in the dessert, the frag body, hole stem, and vane were black)

Jason

......alright I changed my mind. Here's a pic. The two things I changed this month>I installed the second washer under the first transistor on my ROTS hybrid. I actually like it since the transistor is copper leafed, doesn't look so wrong. The other thing I did was modify the washers I had between the gear and the handwheel. I couldn't find the right size>I wanted it to look like I had the right booster, but I still have the old gear. I found some washers that were in between the sizes I had, one too big and the other too small, but the hole in the middle was way too small to fit the rod. So I took my trusty dremel and carved out the hole to fit the rod (3 8/16th) so that I could slide it in place. I also had to glue two washers together to get about the same space of the original booster, (the gear, SPACE, threaded area that is underneath the handwheel). I scorched the weathered set of washers and left the pristine silver even though I should probably paint it black as well. I tried to sand them so you couldn't tell there was actually two washers glued together. In this pic, you probably can't tell but I thought I would post it anyways :D

DSCF0012.gif

Now, looking at the pic, I have to file off the end of the lever rod sticking out the side on both sabers, and get that clamp on the hybrid chromed. I was even toying with the idea of getting another clamp just so that I can weather it differently.. :D

Those washers are a very nice touch. It funny how the little things can make such a big difference :)

As for Chroming the clamp. Didn't someone used to offer a chromed clamp? It seems like someone, like Roman, used to offer a regular one, and a chromed one. If that's the case, you could just track one of those down. It would probably be cheeper, and easier then having yours chromed.

Jason

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back