SHOWOFF: Gino Vader Armor

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
I received my Gino Vader armor today from a member here and it is the nicest set of armor I have personally seen.

It is not painted yet but I am looking forward to doing that. Here are some pictures of it as it looks right now with just primer. Notice the thickness of the armor and the size of the shoulder bells. What an incredible piece this is, I am still in awe. I plan to constantly update this thread as I complete the paintjob and clearcoat:

That armor was sculpted in clay by me back in 1996. I can't believe its been 10 years.
This was looooong before any film cast armor was floating around.

That set is looking mighty sweet. Can't wait to see progress pics of these being painted.

Just a tiny question, sort of unrelated: but are the chest and shoulder armor the same in ANH & ESB & RotJ or are there differences? :)

Originally posted by Prometheus@Mar 23 2006, 02:09 AM
Looks fantastic.
Is it ESB version or ROTS?
Fiberglass i assume?
[snapback]1211564[/snapback]​

ROTJ, has the visable cape hook.

Yes, pure thick fiberglass.

Hats off to you on this armor Gino, she's a beauty. I can't wait to paint it. I'm glad to fianlly own one of your pieces.

It is painted...

I took it to the autoshop today and the clearcoat will be done on Friday so I will have pics of the finished product at that time. A big thanks to TK-427 and his airbrush for a fine paintjob. Here are the pics as the armor progressed through its painting stages:

Enjoy. I'll have pics of the finished product up on Friday if all goes well.

thanks darth kahnt , no prob on the paint job man, any time. i cant wait to see the clear coat on it as well. its going to look awesome. rod

awesome armor.. ROTJ is a very good choice. Does any one start working ROTS version? Rubies seems to be thin compare to the real thing.

Azuma

Originally posted by azuma@Mar 30 2006, 02:04 AM
awesome armor.. ROTJ is a very good choice. Does any one start working ROTS version? Rubies seems to be thin compare to the real thing.

Azuma
[snapback]1215828[/snapback]​
THIS ARMOR IS VERY THICK , I KNOW I PAINTED IT. THE RUBIES IS NO COMPARRISON.....

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Mar 30 2006, 03:45 AM
Looking very sweet chris.
[snapback]1215986[/snapback]​

Thanks everyone..... Im looking forward to getting it back on Friday. New pics will be posted right away.

Originally posted by jedivigneri@Mar 30 2006, 01:37 AM
I SURE HOPE SOMEONE IS GONNA CAST IT N START SELLIN EM :)  curt
[snapback]1215948[/snapback]​

WTF???

It sure as hell won't be me doing it? Why would you say something like that?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back