ShowOff: ANH Trooper Armor

There were three 23"x6" pieces with mine to be cut up and used for strips/snaps etc, and the offcuts from the trimming provided most of the pieces used to glue the snaps into place so there was plenty left over to make the strips

Cheers, Sean

I'm pretty tempted to get one of these myself, it'd look fantastic next to my Aliens Marine armour.

If someone could PM or email the details I'd be grateful.

Many thanks,

Harry Harris.

Originally posted by TK9120@Dec 9 2005, 10:47 AM
Are the strips that go on the thighs and shins included? I don't see them in the pic of the kit.

Trimming is also making me think about getting one of these.
[snapback]1132257[/snapback]​

Yes, they are. AP included 3 strips of abs with my suit. I've had the suit for about a little over a month now, but I haven't started it due to me being afraid to screw it up through trimming. Two members of the garrison I'm in are coming over tonight to help me start it. :D It's really nice armor, I'm hoping to have it done by a con in February or earlier.

The person making this is also a great guy. He wants to know how the assembly process is going and has offered to answer any questions I might have. He's also a very responsive person to e-mails, I usually get a same day response, many times within a few hours. There was also a packaging issue in that my suit, it was missing two pieces and the strips and had an extra piece, and he was very fair in resolving that situation. It was very well stacked neatly in the box as well. It wasn't shipped with any protection arund it, but it survived fine, and everything looked great. It was packed so well, I couldn't get it back in the box the same way, lol.

Hope this helps,

William

Originally posted by id1714+Dec 13 2005, 02:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(id1714 @ Dec 13 2005, 02:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TK9120
@Dec 9 2005, 10:47 AM
Are the strips that go on the thighs and shins included? I don't see them in the pic of the kit.

Trimming is also making me think about getting one of these.
[snapback]1132257[/snapback]​

Yes, they are. AP included 3 strips of abs with my suit. I've had the suit for about a little over a month now, but I haven't started it due to me being afraid to screw it up through trimming. Two members of the garrison I'm in are coming over tonight to help me start it. :D It's really nice armor, I'm hoping to have it done by a con in February or earlier.

The person making this is also a great guy. He wants to know how the assembly process is going and has offered to answer any questions I might have. He's also a very responsive person to e-mails, I usually get a same day response, many times within a few hours. There was also a packaging issue in that my suit, it was missing two pieces and the strips and had an extra piece, and he was very fair in resolving that situation. It was very well stacked neatly in the box as well. It wasn't shipped with any protection arund it, but it survived fine, and everything looked great. It was packed so well, I couldn't get it back in the box the same way, lol.

Hope this helps,

William
[snapback]1135140[/snapback]​
[/b]

well said. the AP is awesome.

Originally posted by RKW@Dec 4 2005, 11:06 AM
Just when I was beginning to think that ANH Trooper was going to have the most accurate trooper armour along comes a new contender.

Is Authenticprops now selling armour?

Would I be in danger of being considered scum by TE for even desiring this armour?

Damn it all, I'm now going to have to throw mine out now and start again :cry
[snapback]1128325[/snapback]​

Apparently, yes....

""Well, it was confirmed by AuthenticProps.com.. the helmet they sell is not, I repeat NOT a GF item.. It is indeed a recast of my items.... This is just out of control and now It is pointless for me to even care....."

I had found this snippet, apparently from TE, while surfing for Trooper stuff. I had bought the AP suit thinking that it was legitimately purchased molds from GF??

Am I wrong?...kinda late now since I already purchased a kit.....

I'm sure there's all sorts of conflicting answers/opinions.....

I've always said that the latest offering from AP is not a GF helmet.

The armour may well be,with a bit of clean up,but even that might be TE cleaned up too?

I've not really paid too much attention to this armour but I know that the helmet is defiantely not a GF......no way.

Originally posted by KevVader+Jan 1 2006, 02:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevVader @ Jan 1 2006, 02:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-RKW
@Dec 4 2005, 11:06 AM
Just when I was beginning to think that ANH Trooper was going to have the most accurate trooper armour along comes a new contender.

Is Authenticprops now selling armour?

Would I be in danger of being considered scum by TE for even desiring this armour?

Damn it all, I'm now going to have to throw mine out now and start again :cry
[snapback]1128325[/snapback]​

Apparently, yes....

""Well, it was confirmed by AuthenticProps.com.. the helmet they sell is not, I repeat NOT a GF item.. It is indeed a recast of my items.... This is just out of control and now It is pointless for me to even care....."

I had found this snippet, apparently from TE, while surfing for Trooper stuff. I had bought the AP suit thinking that it was legitimately purchased molds from GF??

Am I wrong?...kinda late now since I already purchased a kit.....

I'm sure there's all sorts of conflicting answers/opinions.....
[snapback]1148190[/snapback]​
[/b]

Just to be clear, my intent was not to call anyone out on the AP armor......I just wanted to clear up, in my mind anyways, the conflicting info out there regarding the AP armor's origins.....

Suffice to say, I am convinced that it is not a "recast" kit, in the negative sense.....PLAY ON. :D

Interesting website: http://authenticprops.com/

LOL.......

Kev, you troublemaker you..... :lol Just kidding...

I thought it was obvious the helmet wasn't GF. Just never thought about it's origins. TE seems to be the wellspring from which most helmets flow....

Originally posted by clutch@Jan 1 2006, 11:10 PM
Interesting website: http://authenticprops.com/

LOL.......

Kev, you troublemaker you..... :lol  Just kidding...

I thought it was obvious the helmet wasn't GF.  Just never thought about it's origins.  TE seems to be the wellspring from which most helmets flow....
[snapback]1148550[/snapback]​

Well lets say this then: if it did not come from GF, where did it come from? Did AP ask TE or talk to him about recasting something That TE had made? I know TE personally and I can assure you this is NOT the case. Not making an accusation more than calling it into question this helmets origins. Interesting. And yes it is true: ALL helmets 'cast from an original' trace back to TE. All are 2nd gen castings or higher gen castings.

JJ

Question for any AP/ABS 80 owners. I just got my kit in as well. The only question I have is any idea why the back plate is not split? I know that TE's ANH/ESB suits had the split back plate but the Jedi suits do not. I wore a LFL tour suit and they did not have the split back plate either. Is the AP/ABS 80 a hybrid suit???? I kind of wish it was split. I know that I can do this my self but i really like the look of the TE backs because they have the lip on them. They don't look like you "Cut it" because that is the way they came off the molds. I hope I make sense here. Any ideas?????

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back