Showoff: 1/4 Reeve Superman arrives!

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by Gruson, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Gruson

Gruson Well-Known Member

My 1/4 scale Christopher Reeve Superman finally arrived. I am THRILLED how nice it came out.

I waited about a year for this and it was well worth the wait. He's perfect.

Thank you very much Chris King for making this happen. I would also like to thank our very own Camper for giving Superman an incredible and very realistic paint job...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congrats to those who were in on this project. Sorry for those who have already read this over at SSF and Statueforum. I am just amazed how nice it came out and wanted to show pics.

2. CTF

CTF Sr Member

That. Is. Reeve.

Just awesome, dude. Every part of it is perfect, you should be very happy. Everything Chris has something to do with turns out just awesome. :)

That piece looks so real that you could photograph it well and tell people you've got unreleased promotional pics from '78. :p

3. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

The paint job looks amazing... But please take pics with the sleeves pulled down...it looks like Ma Kent washed his suit in the COLD cycle...

4. Gruson

Gruson Well-Known Member

I put more recent pics up for you with corrected sleeves. ;)

5. Pauleysolo

Pauleysolo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I got mine and put it together yesterday- I still need to get that cape right.

[​IMG]

6. Immortal Goat

Immortal Goat Well-Known Member

I like it, but he kinda has a bit of a kissy face going on. I think he always had that going on, though, lol. Very very nice.

7. Hadleys Hope

Hadleys Hope Active Member

That is amazing. How can I get one of these little guys??

Paul

8. propsculptor

propsculptor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You can't, these were Limited for a select few...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hadleys Hope @ Apr 26 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]1233979[/snapback]</div>

9. cking

cking Sr Member

Glad you like him Jeff. :D
    GREAT pics.
    I don't have mine completed yet and these photos of the finished thing are killing me. :cry

I was project manager / research and development consultant on this project, but the credit for how incredible this looks must go to the sculptor alone. He did an AMAZING job on the head and body sculpts. His work on the costume really blew me away though. It's a near perfect, miniature version of the full size Reeve costume.

For those who missed out on this, the sculptor informs me that he may need to put his own personal statues (2 of them) on ebay to raise some money for another project that he wants to do. If that happens, I'll post a link to the auctions in the Junkyard.

Chris

10. Cyberman

Cyberman Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looking really nice on display there matey. Great to see it done and dusted LOL :D

Cyb.

11. streetjudge79

streetjudge79 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks great.. Here's mine if you didn't see it yet

[​IMG]

12. camper

camper Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cking @ Apr 27 2006, 03:38 AM) [snapback]1234020[/snapback]</div>

WOW Chris, Thanks man. :(

I guess anyone can paint, and put one of these together. Ya RIGHT. :confused

Well Jeff, at least I know you appreciate all the work I did. B)

°Jeff Camp

camper

13. cking

cking Sr Member

Hang on camper. I think you misunderstood.
    Jeff had already credited you with the amazing paintjob (which I agree it is).
    The purpose of my post was to give some credit to the sculptor who had not received any praise until my post. My comment about credit going to the sculptor "alone" was basically clarifying that I couldn't take any credit for the actual sculpting / costume work MYSELF.

Sorry for the confusion. I guess it didn't come across as I'd intended so for the record - your paintjob looks SUPERB and definitely makes the statue look all the more impressive.

Chris

14. camper

camper Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cking @ Apr 27 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]1234106[/snapback]</div>

OK.

Sorry for the cofusion. But I hope you can understand why I misunderstood you. The prurpose
    of Grusons post was to show off the final painted piece. Then you chime in, saying that all the
    credit for this piece goes to the sculptor, and not make a comment on the paint work. Reread
    your first post and look at it from my point of view, what would you think?

Anyways, water under the bridge. B)

Thanks,

°Jeff Camp

camper

15. rhboyd

rhboyd Well-Known Member

Camper... take solice in the fact that a bad paint job ruins a piece... yet a paint job as good as what you've done here, fools one into thinking it's a real person, and therefore gets overlooked. Almost like it's so good you don't notice it's a paint job.

It's a fantastic piece... one I wish I could have afforded... but alas... I can admire it from afar.

Beautiful work all 'round gents...

luv,
    -r.

16. Cyberman

Cyberman Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhboyd @ Apr 28 2006, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1234499[/snapback]</div>

HERE HERE...

Paintjobs are all important to show off the potential already there.

Cyb.

17. Hadleys Hope

Hadleys Hope Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cking @ Apr 27 2006, 03:38 AM) [snapback]1234020[/snapback]</div>

Thanks. I will look foward to that post.

Paul

18. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

Very nice.

19. Galactifan

Galactifan Sr Member

WOW. The coolest Superman ever. Great....errrr......SUPER likeness...

20. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

The likeness is increadible