Showing off too

YenChih Lin

Master Member
:D Just what is says... Enjoy. Paled out and noised the pic for protection. It's the closest pic I could get from Bill Petersen. ID was made of paper in season 1 - does not conform to any card standards, neither C80 nor CR100, till they changed it to real CR80 magnet cards in season 4. BTW: I got 5 thick paper prints of the ID (certainly crisp print), PM me if you want it...

GrissomBadgeRPF.png

For comparison the real badge captured off an episode.
GrisBadgerealS1-3.jpg

Looks pretty darned good. I was wondering why you put "Metropolitan" beside "Las Vagas", and why you changed his eye colour to "BLU" instead of "BRN", and lastly why you changed the expiry date from "NOV/2002" to "NOV/2001"?

@dr. slurpee: That's a goood question.

In this episode 2x13 "Identity Crisis", the prop master has made a continuity error. I called that "Grissom's magic ID", because the next scene, some details were appearing back. This badge is a mix of a season 1/2 style.
In season 1, the badge stated "Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department", while in the later seasons 3/4/5 changed to "Las Vegas Metro Police Department" and "Las Vegas Police Department" - worn inconsistently by the actors to probably avoid relations to the real LVMPD.

I changed the date back to "NOV/2001", simply for the reason, that CSI ID has begun with that expiration date in season 1.

Bill Petersen's eyes are blue, not brown - I leave it to correct fact, I guess, they went by the crappy personel shot on the ID, which looks like brown.

That particular next scene, where the magical ID has some text back:
GrisBadgerealS1-3.2.jpg

Yeah, I do. Just send me a high-res pic in 300 dpi preferable self-shot or by someone behind a neutral white wall with the digital cam, and some stats like name, eye/hair color, weight and height of you and I'll do that for ya.

You can choose between two styles: Season 1 paper style or season 3/4/5 magnetic stripe card, but that'll take a little bit longer, since I got to send it to a card printer company.

"24" I am the wrong man, I guess SurferGeek or DuneMuadDib did those things... there's a thread about it...

Due to the recent developing circumstances on RPF and after a good advice of a member here, I'll back-off from making custom LVMPD IDs till there's an announcement coming or sticky post which provides new infos regarding the issue of law enforcement IDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back