Showing off my mask to my nephew

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Elkman

I brought my mask and biohelmet to my parents' place this afternoon to show them how things are coming along on my costume. My 6-year-old nephew loved it, and wanted to play a game of "monster" in the back yard with me. So, we got a few photos of it:
LiamHunt-02-600.jpg

LiamHunt-05-600.jpg

LiamHunt-06-600.jpg

I explained that the Predator came from space to go hunting on Earth. I didn't explain that the Predator hunts people, though -- it probably would have scared him, or at least provoked a lot of questions that I didn't really want to explain. Otherwise, next thing you know, he'd want to see the movie with me, and I would have to fast-forward through the part where Arnold tells the Predator, "You're one ugly motherf---" "Liam! You're not old enough to know that word yet!"

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

vgfett

It's funny to hear you say this- I showed my 5-yr old daughter the movie, scrambling like a moron in fast forwarding scenes, keeping stuff muted, etc. I knew if she saw me working on the suit that she'd want to know what it was, so I just bypassed all of that completely

Kithunter

very cool

my youngest son has got the suit building bug ...

he has seen me suit build often enough to want to help out everytime i work on a piece...he loves drybrushing

we are quite possibly creating the next generation of special effects artists