Showing off again: Super accurate Luke ANH belt

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here are some pictures of the Luke ANH utility belt I've been puting together for a few years now. Its finally complete. Only the long pouch is replica and its the most accurate one ever made. The droid caller needs a bit of work.

luke1.jpg

luke3.jpg

luke2.jpg

Alternate version with Macrobinoculars instead of lightsaber:
luke6.jpg

And aren't these the most accurate Luke ANH boots you've ever seen? :love
luke7.jpg

The mannequin still needs a bit of work so I'm not ready to show the whole thing off.

stunning.

you need to get howard (chewie15) to make an ANH luke bust.

seen your boots before, and aside from some weathering and dirt, appear to be an exact match to the screen used.

nice stuff kurty, thanks always for sharin. :thumbsup

Looks great, Marcus. Absolutely top notch.

Any chance of sharing the types of pouches (triangular in particular)? I'd love to scrounge for some myself... and as usual the more accurate, the better. :D

Fantastic work I must say.

So far I've got a Graflex and a Kobold:
graflex_3cell_1_1.JPG

kobold2_2.JPG

But I need help with the belt itself PLEASE.

We don't have Tandy Leather in the UK and I can't find a supplier who does 2" belts in brown (or the buckles in fact). The Tandy site doesn't list finished brown belts as far as I can see either (am I missing something?).

Can you gents shed any light on a supplier of 2" brown belts and buckle blanks who would ship to the UK?

All help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Simon.

You mean this?

luke_anh1.jpg

Its just the mannequin that needs a bit of work. I need to extend the neck a bit and reshape the trapezius muscles, join the head properly to the mannequin, fiberglass them together, fill sand and paint the seam.

Originally posted by oldken@Mar 23 2006, 12:52 AM
stunning.

you need to get howard (chewie15) to make an ANH luke bust.

seen your boots before, and aside from some weathering and dirt, appear to be an exact match to the screen used. 

nice stuff kurty, thanks always for sharin.  :thumbsup
[snapback]1211379[/snapback]​

With the saber placed where it is do you have much of an issue with it smacking you in the crotch much? That's always been my issue when hanging a saber off my belt is finding the "sweet spot" so it can swing while you move without nailing me in the sweet spot.

Damn Kurtyboy. I don't think I've ever seen one even close. You should be proud.

How much would you estimate you've put into the belt and accessories combined? And how long did it take you to collect all of it? The saber or the binocs alone done accurately are long-term goals for many collectors.

The triangular pouch is WWI Dutch and extremely rare. I was very lucky and acquired it in a trade (thanks Jim).

The costume was made to Luke's dimensions so it would never fit me unless I stopped lifting weights and starved myself for a few months :p

As for how much the belt and accessories cost altogether? I shudder to think. The item I traded the triangular pouch for was selling at $800. The Graflex was bought back when they were selling for $300, and the Eumig for just under $200. Plus two Kaligar cameras for between $250 and $400 each... you get the picture

I think I started on this costume about 3 years ago.

hahah the cost of doing things right. It wouldn't be the same or mean as much without all the original parts you've put into it though...

Nice. I was almost there. Then I swapped a trangular pouch for an MPP and got rid of the rest. I've never regretted it, but these pics leave me ... verklempt.

Would I be a jerk to mention that is the wrong type of Kobold? It is a step transition, but the truly correct version has no attachment at the bottom (just a hole), and it has a smooth edge at the bottom, not the coin edge. That said, yours is as close as anyone is likely to find -- I only know of one person who has the exact Kobold. Maybe he'll chime in.

Kudos. ;)

Hey Simon Lewis, what did you use on the top of your Kobold? For the dome?

Yeah I know I still need the correct Kobold. One day...

Originally posted by Avalon X@Mar 23 2006, 10:02 PM
Nice. I was almost there. Then I swapped a trangular pouch for an MPP and got rid of the rest. I've never regretted it, but these pics leave me ...  verklempt.

Would I be a jerk to mention that is the wrong type of Kobold? It is a step transition, but the truly correct version has no attachment at the bottom (just a hole), and it has a smooth edge at the bottom, not the coin  edge. That said, yours is as close as anyone is likely to find -- I only know of one person who has the exact Kobold. Maybe he'll chime in.

Kudos. ;)

Hey Simon Lewis, what did you use on the top of your Kobold? For the dome?
[snapback]1211901[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back