Show your Dr. Who props!

it's not much...but...
sonicclosedoff.jpg

sonicclosedon.jpg

sonicopenoff.jpg

sonicopenon.jpg

...it's the sonic screwdriver toy that they put out for last season (the one that starts on sci-fi friday)...but for the new season it's what they're using on-screen because it's so much sturdier than what they were using (which broke constantly)...so while yes it's just the licensed toy it's also an exact replica...

i'm hoping to get an original series style one to go with it soon and i'm getting my new series tardis key next week...

i'm also working on some paper props....and if anyone can help it'd be great...does anyone know what font this is or do i have to try to make it photoshop?...
dw200502-067.jpg

dw200502-066.jpg

...skott

very cool...thanks...it'll be a fun font to have...though sadly it won't work for this prop...unfortunately a lot of the letters are wrong and it doesn't have numbers...but it's ok...i actually finished the photoshop project version today...after i get ink for my printer tomorrow i'll do a test print and if it turns out well i'll put it up on the free paper props thread (if it doesn't turn out well then i'll go back to work on it)...skott

Here's my Sonic Screwdriver from the 2005 series:

new_sonic_screwdriver_1.JPG

I've also got a Silver Nemesis Cyberman replica from the 'classic' series:

at%20home.jpg

and a few other Who related replicas (you can see them here):
Who gallery
along with some other Who replicas sent in by other collectors.

I'm looking forward to having a crack at a few new props from the 2006 series.

Cheers,

Simon.

My wife has a couple of those TARDIS keys, and I made a question mark umbrella when I was in high school, but it broke. :(

I had a friend of mine cut out the hook shape with his jig saw, then I attached it to a wooden doll head (those little wooden speroids you get at craft stores), sanded the crp out of it and painted candy apple red before attaching to an old black umbrella from which the handle had convieniently broken off of. Oh, I painted the metal tip red, too. I've been meaning to make a better for years, but never got around to it.

I also modified a cheapy pocket watch with the guts from a cheapy digital wrist watch to look like Sylvester McCoy's (I think it was in "Silver Nemesis"). I think I've still got it around somewhere . . . I'll have to see if I can dig it out and take some pics. :)

Can you tell that I like the 7th Doctor? ;)

"Where's the best place to get the new Sonics & the Tom Baker ones?"

i got my new style screwdriver on ebay...but you can get it from most online stores that get products from the uk....but i'm pretty sure if you can wait 6 or 8 months you'll probably be able to get them at target (assuming the sci-fi channel airings do well)...

one of the members on this board is currently selling a baker screwdriver...i haven't seen it up close...but the pics he showed were quite nice...check the junkyard...

...skott

Thats a Human soldier helmet from Earthshock isn't it, is it a 'found' one?

SAS

Originally posted by simon_lewis@Mar 16 2006, 01:30 PM
Here's my Sonic Screwdriver from the 2005 series:
I've also got a Silver Nemesis Cyberman replica from the 'classic' series:
and a few other Who related replicas (you can see them here):
Who gallery
along with some other Who replicas sent in by other collectors.
I'm looking forward to having a crack at a few new props from the 2006 series.
Cheers,
Simon.
[snapback]1206923[/snapback]​

I haven't even seen the show yet, I I'm thinking I'll be needing one of those sonic screwdrivers. Man, I always wanted one from the Tom Baker years. I'm hoping I like this new edition, it would give me good reason to go around the hose using it on the cat.

finished my "end of the world" item tickets....what do you think?...sorry about the crappy pictures...and the color is much nicer...it just didn't photograph well...

item1.jpg

item2.jpg

niceday1.jpg

niceday2.jpg

...if you want one of your own..check the "free paper props" thread in a couple of minutes...skott

question...does anyone here read "doctor who magazine"?...if so...can someone get me a high res scan of the cover of issue 367?...specifically the tardis key?..thanks in advance...skott

EDIT - it would have to be really high res...i'm going to have to cut the key myself....if you help i'll send you a copy of the key

Originally posted by mtsbspidey@Mar 16 2006, 05:07 PM
question...does anyone here read "doctor who magazine"?...if so...can someone get me a high res scan of the cover of issue 367?...specifically the tardis key?..thanks in advance...skott
[snapback]1207328[/snapback]​

That's the new Tardis key? Looks rather boring... :confused

It looks like the same key used during the Pertwee era, which I'm told is (or resembles) an actual Police Box key. At least that's what a London Met police officer told me ;)

"It looks like the same key used during the Pertwee era"

thanks for the heads up on that...that makes it way less boring...more classic...skott

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back