Show Your Armature.

88OrBust

Hey RPF its been awhile I've been crazy busy. Anyway, beginner sculptors are always asking what to use to sculpt a mask on, so lets show them! Post a picture of any of your sculpting forms here. I'll post mine in a few days,like I said crazy busy.

Come on, nobody? I'm going to change this thread. Now it will be, show your tools and armatures for sculpting. I'll show mine tomorrow.

I'm for one looking forward to what might be posted in here. I was thinking of participating in the sculpting challenge and can use some tips and tricks to jump off of. :) :thumbsup

I just use an old blank party mask padded underneath with newspaper.

2411j89.jpg

Here's a few that I use, I also have a couple of mannequins for body parts.
Dave I just visited your store great looking stuff I'll be spending some dollars there .
IMG_2092.jpg

I have a new commission coming up as soon as the legal papers are signed .
I'll need every form I have plus extra's to keep up with the job ahead .
No days off soon .:)

Man I just can't seem to remember to take a picture of my tools and armature. Tomorrow I'll do it for sure. I molded up that sculpt I started on Wednesday. The mold broke. Happens to the best of us. I always get a little impatient come de-mold time. Any way starting a freddy type sculpt tomorrow. So I'll take pictures before I start.

I made this one to sculpt predator bio helmets, its made from fiberglass, what i did was protect my latex mask with masking tape and on top i added the fiberglass, this is how it looks finished
IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

Its removable, heres from under
IMG_1775.jpg

I modified the base so it can rotate
fb77bbe1.jpg

Here are some sculpts i made in it
IMG_1773.jpg

Silverback bio
02f42be3.jpg

And started this, the terminator bio
eeac21a5.jpg

431e71a6.jpg

I've been wanting to sculpt up this statue from Angel for a long while:
Allyrea1.jpg

Here is the armature I finally got together for it. The wires with the scythes are soldered to small brass tubes and are removable for molding up separately:
SculptingForm.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back