Show us your Star Trek costume

darthgordon

Sr Member
I'm always amazed and jealous of so much I see on this board. So I'm prepared to be made jealous again :)

Just for fun, let's see what you've got for Star Trek costumes.

This is pretty much all I have. The rank braids really need replaced, and the pictures aren't the best in the world. I was on my way to Starfest and we had a few drinks and snapped a few pics before we left :wacko

metrek2.jpg

71585-PF.jpg

Darth- who was the maker of your tunic?

Okay- some of mine (at least the ones I have pics of):

First couple of pics are from 5 years ago (and 25 pounds heavier :lol)

CaptBKyushu2.jpg

TNG Captain (an ill fitting dealers' room tunic from the early 90s)

Voyager-DS9001.jpg

Voyager/DS9 uniform (again- another dealers' room tunic)

TNGLtCmd002sm.jpg

Future Imperfect Lt Cmd. (A much better fitting Rubies Deluxe top- bought in the mid 90s). Put this on today for the pic... and I think it is my second time wearing it! :lol

FCCapt001sm.jpg

First Contact- this was a licensed Paramount uniform jacket. What is odd is that the command colour bands (around the cuffs) were a dark maroon/purple colour, not red. So I had to find a turtleneck that matched the cuffs in colour. :confused

STVBomber002sm.jpg

Trek V Bomber jacket. It doesn't fit me as well as I'd like. I'm thinking of unloading it. Unfortunately I don't have Kirk's "Go Climb A Rock" shirt.

And my pride and joy...

Khan001.jpg

My WOK Captain's uniform. Had this custom made for me in 1995 by a professional costume maker and tailor.

But my latest project will be to turn it into this:

twokhd0082b.jpg

I also have the three TOS tunics and a TNG Admiral- but they are just crappy Rubies costumes and not worth pics. ;)

I do want to get my hands on a Kirk TOS Dress uniform! :thumbsup

Kevin

Last edited:
Darth- who was the maker of your tunic?

It's murraymousie... hidden zipper and fly in the trousers. I had to have it tailored for me by a friend after I bought it. I also had a small, hidden pocket put in the seam of the trousers to hold my ID and bank card. Too bad I didn't do anything with the rank braids.

Is there any one who scratch builds there uniforms?

You didn't see Kehlan's post? She made those costumes.
Lots of other people do. I lack sewing skills. So I have to have others make them for me.

Of course, I'm sure that those that have bought uniforms, bought them from someone that made them from scratch :p

A much younger me when I could do this as a look-a-like and as the "Enemy Within".

attachment.php

Last edited:
Well it seems I am horrible when it comes to using the internetz. oh well...

I'll try again, maybe a mod can help....

Attachments

• 9926_133973043185_516088185_2484733_4751804_n.jpg
    9926_133973043185_516088185_2484733_4751804_n.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 537
But it's not a captain's uniform? So why would he wear captain's pips? Even so... why remove all of them?

So I count three Kevin's so far... kevinericon, SSgt Burton and myself... I wonder if it's a given that if you name your son Kevin, he'll be a Trek fan.

Either way, I'm liking what I see so far.

I would totally wear one of those Trek V Bomber jackets (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Where did the idea come from ?

The Bomber Jacket was first seen in Star Trek III being worn by Starfleet Admiral Morrow and later Scotty. Scotty wears it for nearly all of Trek IV. Kirk gets his own in Trek V. Although it is seen in Trek III first- most people recognize it from Trek V. ;)

What size is that Bomber Jacket?

I bought it off ebay from a costume maker in Canada and it was slightly tailored by the seller (before shipping) to fit my shorter frame (I'm 5'5" tall). I would say it is a medium/short.

But like I said, I'm on the fence about getting rid of it. I like owning it, but not so much how it looks on me. I didn't mean to be a tease earlier. :unsure

Great costumes so far! :D

Any others? Surely there must be more!

Kevin

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back