Show us you spraybooth

Skyler101

Sr Member
Hey guys,

Im putting out the call... Show us what you use for a spraybooth.
Bought or built, what do you use...

All picks and ideas would be appreciated. Im sick of spraying paint all over the place :)

-Skyler101

I've got a couple of really deep IKEA bookshelves in my hobby room and I'm using one plane as a spray booth. I've stapled black plastic all arount the inside and added a small "lip" on the outside to catch rebounding paint spray. I've also added a light to the top.

The whole thing is only about 3ft by 3ft by 2ft but it works for general model work (airbrushing). If I need to used spray cans with toxic fumes I seal the whole thing with see-through plastic (ceran wrap works) and cut a hole for my arm. I think the largest prop I've used it for is my Pulse Rifle.

/Joe F
Sweden

I think the largest prop I've used it for is my Pulse Rifle.
How about a pic of the PR?

My spray booth is a large cardboard box with a hole in the back where I attach my shop vac to suck up the air.

Here's the one I use.

Pic97.jpg

Mines the trunk of a 95 ford taurus station wagon. adds whole new meaning to driveing under the influence??
"Are you drunk, sir?"
"No officer..."
"Stoned?"
"Nope.."
"What then?"
"I just did a gloss coat.." :D

Mic booth is a little big for me. Im looking at something like 12rouges has in his picture... What did you use for the extractor vent and motor?

-Skyler101

I used a common bathroom vent fan with some filter material normally used in air purifiers.

------Disclaimer-------
I don't claim that shooting flamable materials through a common bathroom fan is safe. Flamable materials can be ignited by an unshielded electric motor. I suggest you practice safety in your work area, and purchase a vent fan made specificly for venting paint fumes.
---------------------------------

I usually spray acrylic paints in my booth (which still isn't 100% safe) but so far I still have all my fingers and toes, face, eyes and the rest of my original factory installed equipment....

You may look at McMaster Carr for a good explosion proof fan McMaster Carr or Grainger.

Good luck,
BC

Originally posted by yt@Aug 27 2005, 05:16 AM
Try Harbor Frieght.com,  the 44040, I think mine was $50.
[snapback]1066418[/snapback]​

how cute. :)

If I ever need to paint a lego brick, I will definately buy one of those shoe boxes.

Tim

Originally posted by BlindSquirrel@Aug 28 2005, 05:29 AM
I decided to go the top-of-the-line high tech approach.

SprayBooth.jpg

[snapback]1066951[/snapback]​

Now I don't want to sound like a know-it-all, but I think you're supposed to take it out of the box before you use it.
:p ;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back