Show off your Studio Scale Y-Wing Displays

Corellianexports

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been researching different display cases to make room for an incoming SS Y-Wing and was curious how every one is displaying their Y-Wings or other studio scale models?

Because of the large width (some where between 14.5" and 15.5") this isn't a model that's easy to display. I had this display case custom made by a local plastics place back in 2004:
Y-WingCase.JPG

Y-WingCase3.JPG

Y-WingCase7.JPG

Good question, and I'm also wondering how I'll finally displays my Gold Leader. It's currently sitting in armoured transport case, but intended to be put in a Perspex case. The X and Y have both got custom stands for rear mounting with a common centre line, so they can fly in formation. The X also has a custom stand for bottom mounting as seen below.

I have had my first custom perspex case delivered, and I'm on holiday this week, so might be able to pull everything out and take some shots.
IMG_0601.jpeg

Jkirkon,

Please do a build thread of your 8'X3' Death Star Display -- will be very interested to follow this. Are you going to use High, Medium, or Low altitude surface tiles? Or Bandai 1/72 castings?

Jkirkon,

Please do a build thread of your 8'X3' Death Star Display -- will be very interested to follow this. Are you going to use High, Medium, or Low altitude surface tiles? Or Bandai 1/72 castings?

It won’t be for awhile...I’m planning to do this late next year after we move into the new house.
I will be using Bandai tiles, and modified Panavice mounts.
Basically attach the tiles to an 8’x3’ board, and mount to a table, or build my own table for it. I’ll finish the edges nicely.

Pretty simple, really. The ships will be displayed diving towards the Death Star surface, at different heights, to accommodate all the models.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back