Show off your original/not well known star wars costumes

Mean Obiwan

Hey guys, I know that right now ep 7 stuff is the big hype, but we do get posts here and there of props/costumes cocieved purely from fans. As well as characters that are not as well known in the star wars galaxy.
So I thought it'd be a cool idea to have one single thread where we can collectively show off our original/ not as well known costumes. I did try to search (very) quickly to see if such a thread already exists. I didn't see one.

So I'll start. First one is my original Jedi costume I made last summer. The long hair is gone, and I still haven't got the boots. I also made a new robe since then.

Second, for my not so well known character is my Davin Felth costume that's still a WIP.

image uploader

photo hosting sites

So what do you guys have? I'd love too see all the creative original work all in one place. It's these costumes and designs that diversify the whole effect even more.

Wow those costumes are excellent Mean Obiwan ... love the jedi outfit ... and the scoundral appearance of Davin Felth ... I bet you could really portray a mean ROTS OB1 :)

Here's me attending SWC Europe in London ... my original robe is a custom aubergine color ... the shirt a medieval style with strings ... pants are regular red/brown jeans ... no boots, yet :

This is the same robe at SWC Europe 2 in Essen ... with Anakin Ep. III boots as stand-ins this time.

It's a heavy real wool robe ... picture taken with a G R A F L E X 4x5 camera ;) ... my Jedi name is Sym-Cha :

... however the dark side is strong with this one too and quite tempting at times, hence I want to collect an Emperor's Cloack in accurate waffle weave if possible muah, ha, ha, haaa :wacko

Chaim

Awesome Jedi outfit. Love the real wool robe. Was the wool hard to acquire? I think when it comes to force users I prefer Jedi, but when it comes to foot soldiers, empire all the way ;)
I would eventually like to work in a Kyle Katarn costume as well.

Thanks ... I purchased the wool robe from a German seamstress and asked about a different colour more wine-red brown, than she advertised on ebay ... she told me she had aubergine and showed me a sample ... I loved it straight away ... it's less heavy than blanket wool but heavier than most regular robes being offered for sale ... and of the many robes I purchased since than, such as real wool Museum Replicas OB1 and fleece Anakin III, it's the only one I took along and prefere the most ... but at 36ºC in Essen it was bloody hot to wear ... thank goodness for the air-conditioned Messe :wacko

And in case you still seek a wool robe ... you could ask http://www.ebay.com/usr/speedystitches?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754 for a custom wool robe, I've seen their work up close and it's pretty accurate too :)

Chaim

Okay, I'll play.

This is my Rebel Pilot (with a Corellian heritage). I figure since based on Han's wardrobe used while in service of the rebellion. The rule about wearing personal clothing/gear must be "wear'em if you got'em."

5.jpg

The flight suit is a you standard Nomex US Military flight suit. I utilized this since the used the same suit for Corran Horn in the CCG.

I utilized a vest commonly sold at the time in Army/Navy Surplus stores called a Ranger Vest. Nothing GI, it mostly fro someone who wants a lot of pockets. I thought it would make a good Corellian flak vest because when not flying, it is worn open just as a vest.

I spent some time flying, and I always used a kneeboard, so I took a page from Classic BSG and turned my kneeboard into a Star Wars themed version to match the chest box.

Also added the rebel flight wing pin (my design) because I feel every pilot should sport his wings.

Also modified a leather US military shoulder holster. US pilots in WWII wore shoulder holsters. I figured it made more sense than trying to fly in a small cockpit with a heavy holster rig around your waist.

The boots are a motorcycle racing boot. Very similar in design to Darth Maul's. I thought the extra detailing would add a little something extra to the costume.

Last edited:
Man, both you guys have killer costumes. Love these custom designs. Feels like it expands the "galaxy" much much more. Hell, might as well get the next cast right off of these forums. In my wildest dreams using my Felth costume in a movie would be an experience.
Love the wool robe. I was wondering how hot they were. The one in my pictures is fleece, but my new one is flannel, which I think looks a lot more accurate than my fleece one did. Thanks for the link, I wouldn't mind acquiring a real wool robe.

Wow that's a fabulous costume indeed ... a head-turner for certain :)

@ Mean Obiwan ... search for a nice leather belt with unusual buckle
and pouches in a military dump store near you . . . there's lots of SW
'props' and parts to be found ... naturally weathered most of the time
:)

Chaim

Here's my take on the Corran Horn / CORSEC pilot.
Since I'm blond I went with the I, Jedi look.

Armor crew jumpsuit since it looks more exotic then the standard flight suit used on the CCG card.
Black accents over front zipper and cargo pockets keeping more with the book descriptions.
Custom made grey and black flak vest with green military webbing for the belt and leg straps.
Helmet done similar to Wedge's with CORSEC painted on it.

corsec1.jpg
Corsec Helmet.jpg

Man, these pilot uniforms are great. I should make one to go along with my Felth character.
Chaim, military surplus store. I can't believe I haven't thought of that yet! I've been mixing and matching random junk I find (which works too) but didn't even stop to remember that a lot of props were made with old military surplus stuff. There's a store like that right down the road from me. I feel a trip is in order.

@ division 6 ... outstanding outfit ... fully believable ... is that your X-Wing in the back ;)

@ Mean Obiwan ... yeah that's what I meant ... check it out . . . and take your time to
spot greeblies and bits and pieces which after painting will look amazing on an outfit
:)

Chaim

Military surplus was and is still used on the SW movies.
Apparently the costume designer for E7 is into vintage (WW2) British style 37 gear and webbing.
The Endor Commando's use Vietnam Era US gear.

Military surplus was and is still used on the SW movies.
Apparently the costume designer for E7 is into vintage (WW2) British style 37 gear and webbing.
The Endor Commando's use Vietnam Era US gear.

That's why I'm slightly appalled with myself that I haven't thought of that already. I already knew they used it, so*I can't believe I never thought of doing it myself yet. I'll be making a trip to my navy store soon ;)

I'd also like some shirt input on my Davin Felth costume. Right now its just a plain button up shirt, which I'd like to change as I can't really recall any star wars character witha plain button up besides Tarkin, which was under his tunic anyway.
Any ssuggestions?

gif image hosting

Are you trying to replicate a particular shirt?

one thing you could do with that one is get some trim or fabric and sew over a the buttons to make a placket that will hide the buttons. You could also make and attach your own bib.

I'm not really trying to replicate, as much as I'm just trying to find something that looks a little more in-universe. A regular button up just doesn't really suit the image to me.
I might just make a shirt, I'm not sure yet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back