Show off thread: Batman Forever Chrome S-Rang

MattMunson

Master Member
Courtesy of our very own HenryWayne, I'm very pleased to present the coolest, chrome S-Rang ever seen by MattMunson

rang_b.jpg

And as you all know, I love to tell stories. Well, there's kind of a funny one behind the acquisition of this prop. Let's just say this one has been haunting me for some time now. Read all about it on my website.

http://www.mattmunson.com/props/batman/for...rang/index.html

Big thanks to HW for making this possible. it's an amazing piece.

I have to say, I haven't been able to afford a lot since the baby arrived but I *had* to get one of these. We've got a lot of uber-professional artisans on the RPF and I have to say this is one of the single nicest replicas I have ever owned and Henry is one of the *best* guys I have *ever* dealt with in my 5+ years on the RPF. Matt ain't foolin - it really is amazing.

Awesome story Matt. I think you and I have a very similar view on Batman Forever too it seems...

Amen Dualedge.

I swear, if we had a few more HenryWaynes to go around, who had differing interests, this would be a whole different hobby. he's like the Larbel of 2006. But your'e right. great guy to deal with, phenomenally high quality product, and he even shipped it quickly.

If you ask me, he's produced a piece that is of Master Replicas quality or beyond, and offered it at a perfectly reasonable price. Truly amazing for something that was done in a relatively small run.

Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that this may also have been one of the best transactions I've ever had on the RPF. Or at least, on par with a number of superior transactions. He took my payment, and immediately started emailing me with updates, etc. Answered all my questions, had threads on a couple of boards posting updates and pics. And it even arrived when he said it would.

Truly a top notch character. Now if we can just get him to make a batman 89 spear gun out of metal, that WORKED, that would rock.

<div class='quotetop'>(MattMunson @ Jun 24 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]1267396[/snapback]</div>
Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that this may also have been one of the best transactions I've ever had on the RPF. Or at least, on par with a number of superior transactions. He took my payment, and immediately started emailing me with updates, etc. Answered all my questions, had threads on a couple of boards posting updates and pics. And it even arrived when he said it would.

Truly a top notch character. Now if we can just get him to make a batman 89 spear gun out of metal, that WORKED, that would rock.
[/b]

All I can say is "ditto" on *all* counts - on the speargun too.. :)

Here's mine:

I would have to agree, Henry is a great guy to work with and did a phenominal job on this prop both in craftsmanship and in customer service. TOP NOTCH.

I took some pics too
sonarbatarangopen.jpg

sonarbataranghalfclosed.jpg

sonarbatarangclosed.jpg

Here is a simple stand I made for it
sonarbatarangwithstand.jpg

batarangs.jpg

Thanks Matt. You probably recognize the Panther one. I think I got that from you a long time ago. :D

Jhusel

TOO COOL.
At this point in my collecting career, they all look the same...

That's why it's so great when something new and beautiful comes along.

But you know, seeing that panther rang reminds me of something that i LOVED about batman begins. Everything was so practical. there's just no way that batman could keep one of these chrome srangs on his belt, along with a ton of other gadgets. ESPECIALLY not that rang pictured above.

But in Begins, he was just carrying around little tiny gismos that would fold up and stuff. Still, i though the grappling gun was a little too big, but oh well. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back