Show off Stormtrooper saber

As always, it totally rocks .

Do you have any of the reference pics to show for comparison, I remember the Saber a little but I have not seen the original drawnings/artwork in a while.

Where did these concept drawings come from? I remember McQuarries drawings having sabers but not this detailed. Great work either way, a must have for the Trooper that thinks he has everything. :p

Paul

That concept (so to speak) is from the February issue of the Insider, it's 'bout Vader dueling some "Dark Jedi" (man, I hate that name) Clones.

The artwork and saber design are mine.
It's kinda funny seeing people replicating something I did for a change. ;)
The design was based somewhat on McQuarrie's drawings (the black ridged material for example) but I tried to give it a prequel and OT feel. It's obviously influenced by trooper armor too (white with black rubber trim). The control box is supposed to mimic the ab plate buttons while also being similar to Anakin's sabers. It was a white toilet seat bumper with LEDs and snap in black plastic bezels.
The whole thing is found parts from the hardware store (besides the aluminum Covertec from Luuke and activation button from a Graflite).

I need to get mine back together. It's sitting here on my desk because I need to touch up the paint.

Originally posted by lonepigeon@Mar 30 2006, 11:06 PM
The design was based somewhat on McQuarrie's drawings (the black ridged material for example) but I tried to give it a prequel and OT feel. It's obviously influenced by trooper armor too (white with black rubber trim). The control box is supposed to mimic the ab plate buttons while also being similar to Anakin's sabers. It was a white toilet seat bumper with LEDs and snap in black plastic bezels.
The whole thing is found parts from the hardware store (besides the aluminum Covertec from Luuke and activation button from a Graflite).

I need to get mine back together. It's sitting here on my desk because I need to touch up the paint.
[snapback]1216615[/snapback]​

Is there a tutorial for your hardware store saber? ;)

Paul

No tutorial but here are a couple pics:

troopersaber_sm.jpg

troopersaber2_sm.jpg

Originally posted by lonepigeon@Mar 31 2006, 12:06 AM

OK Chris, we love it. of course but come on please. give us some builder details , details, details.
I mean I realy want to build this......

Originally posted by lonepigeon@Mar 31 2006, 04:06 PM

Gee, I didn't even notice the credit. :unsure Sorry, Chris... :(

There's some great stuff in there, I especially love the first piece of Vader dueling with the Clone with Palps watching on... Awesome. B)

Originally posted by ozwepaie@Mar 30 2006, 10:29 PM
[attachmentid=7412][attachmentid=7411][attachmentid=7413]Thought I'd make one.  See what you think ?
[snapback]1216549[/snapback]​

God I'm so sorry brother , :$ I think your work is FANtastic and would love any help you could give me on constructing this bad boy myself....
Be proud very proud..... B)

I like it. Would someone PLEASE post what parts and where to get them at. I will like to know. lonepigeol, the design of saber is just beatiful. Great job. I remeber read that story and wishing someone would do that saber, Your artwork is the best in the insider. Ozwepaie, My hats off to you. simple breath taking.

Thanks guys. Glad you like it.

lonepigeon, I had no idea who made the one in the first one. Found parts ? that's great.
I'd like to talk to you about how you did it. I machined mine. Had to buy a $40
corner rounding end mill for the box.... toilet bumper... that would have saved me a few bucks. :unsure

I just think it a great design, and was fun to make. thanks.

Great Saber Ozwepaie .
Lonepigeon, you made a great design.....supplementary photos of your original saber would be greatly appreciated as far as more information about it.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back