Show off - Luke ANH D-Ring+Clip Custom Made by Hand ...

Sym-Cha

Master Member
Re: Show off - Luke ANH D-Ring+Clip

Hi there,

Together with my silversmith I've developed a D-Ring+Clip for Luke's ANH lightsaber. It's based on the blueprint of Darthsaber. This D-Ring is handmade and executed in satin gloss like most of the real vintage Graflex 3 Cells. Unlike the ones from Tandyleather this D-Ring Clip touches all the way along the edge of the Graflex bottom. Also my D-Ring seems the correct shape like the one on Luke's lightsaber (see picture post#12) more circular then a regular D.
Please note that I do not claim it to be screen accurate since we do not know due to lack of a clear picture of that part of Luke's lightsaber.

Here are some of my pictures of this D-Ring+Clip.

D-RingClip_00004.jpg~original

D-RingClip_00005.jpg~original

D-RingClip_00013.jpg~original

D-RingClip_00008.jpg~original

-Chaim

PS The ruler is in centimeters not inches.

Last edited:
Re: Show off - Luke ANH D-Ring+Clip handmade ...

Looks really awesome!!! When I get a real graflex put me down for one

Thomas

Thank you Thomas,

If there's enough interest I'll start a sign-up thread in the junkyard.

-Chaim

Looks great Sym-Cha. I have the same ring on my ROTJ Shared Stunt and I can tell you it's a great ring :thumbsup.

Thanks Leo, James and Firebladejedi,

It has already been decided to make a run of this D-Ring+Clip :love

To be continued in the junkyard soon.

-Chaim

Hi there,

Just made a close-up of a promo-picture of Luke wielding his ANH lightsaber.

LukeANHD-Ring01.jpg~original

As you can see the D-Ring is clearly more circular then a regular D-Ring hence the reason I had this D-Ring+Clip custom made. My D-Ring+Clip is created from steel and not nickelplated like the one from
Tandyleather.

This D-Ring+Clip is now available in the junkyard :

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?p=983470#post983470

-Chaim

Last edited:
Hi there,

Just made a close-up of a promo-picture of Luke wielding his ANH lightsaber.
As you can see the D-Ring is clearly more circular then a regular D-Ring hence the reason I had this D-Ring+Clip custom made.

The one in that picture is not a more circular D, it's a perfectly round O ring.
That photo has been retouched. The round ring is from the Holiday Special lightsaber which was made from a Graflite. The upper part of the saber is a Luke ESB (the one commonly referred to as the "Ranch" saber).

That photo is part of a series of post production photos shot around the time of the Star Wars Holiday Special. Lucasfilm had several of them retouched to add a correct-looking lightsaber.

The one in that picture is not a more circular D, it's a perfectly round O ring.
That photo has been retouched. The round ring is from the Holiday Special lightsaber which was made from a Graflite. The upper part of the saber is a Luke ESB (the one commonly referred to as the "Ranch" saber).

That photo is part of a series of post production photos shot around the time of the Star Wars Holiday Special. Lucasfilm had several of them retouched to add a correct-looking lightsaber.

The question...is Sym Chas d-ring accurate or not accurate?
I might be interested in a few, IF they are ;)

Markus

Hi thanks Lonepigeon,

I did notice the red button on the wrong side as is known of the ESB light-saber that you mentioned.
Even so in my humble opinion the D-Ring on Luke's ANH lightsaber seems rounder then a regular D
as seen in the picture with Luke's foot and the ANH lightsaber.

If someone has a clear picture of the bottom of Luke's ANH lightsaber with the D-Ring+Clip please present it here a.s.a.p.
Is there a picture in the 2007 The Making of Star Wars The Definitive Story Behind The Original Film by J.W. Rinzler ?????

-Chaim

Last edited:
Didn't Jim Fowler have a fairly good shot of the bottom of the saber - I seem to remember it from the 7 grip thread of some time ago, that Pat started?

Didn't Jim Fowler have a fairly good shot of the bottom of the saber - I seem to remember it from the 7 grip thread of some time ago, that Pat started?

Thanks Howard.
I looked and looked but could not find that particular picture/thread here.
Does anyone know what Howard is refering to?

-Chaim

Thanks Howard.
I looked and looked but could not find that particular picture/thread here.
Does anyone know what Howard is refering to?

-Chaim

I believe Howard is referring to the same picture you are. It's commonly called the "Toe pic" - black and white image of Luke on the floor with the ANH lightsaber by his foot.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back