Show me your weathered stormtrooperblasters

Darth Domain

Hi, any chance of some pics of your weathered blasters so i can get a better idea of how they should look. I am currently playing around with a kenner blaster. I have rough sanded it, gave it some primer, then a couple of coats of alluminium, then flat black. I then started sanding in parts to give it that scratched well used look with the silver giving an appearance of metal underneath (some one on RPF suggested this method. Worked well

Anyone? I'm not wanting to copy etc, i was just wanting to see if i had gone overboard with my kenner. I have tried to make it look like an old, battered well used weapon.

I'll try to get some pics up later when back on own puter, but have had success by using silver and gold gel pens over flat black paint, to create the efect of brass or steel. Very cheap and easy, seems quite effective too.

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Mar 12 2006, 07:44 PM
Anyone? I'm not wanting to copy etc, i was just wanting to see if i had gone overboard with my kenner. I have tried to make it look like an old, battered  well used weapon.
[snapback]1203962[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Blaxmyth@Mar 12 2006, 07:12 PM
I'll try to get some pics up later when back on own puter, but have had success by using silver and gold gel pens over flat black paint, to create the efect of brass or steel. Very cheap and easy, seems quite effective too.

Here's a pic of Blaxmyth's work ;)

[image]http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6504/scopeweathering10zf6uj.jpg[/image]

Yeah, that'd be the one. :) I found out the hard way that it doesn't like being rubbed over with greasy mitts, so you need to spray a clear flat or clear semigloss over the top.

Heres a pic of my resin E-11, a little bit goes a long way as far as paint. Use a dry brush with a brass color on the scope and various blacks, gloss to flat on the body.

[attachmentid=7175]

Here's some pics of mine, 2 indoor shots and 1 outdoors. It's a real demilled sterling with resin counter and resin scope

e11-blaster-001A.jpg

e11-blaster-002A.jpg

E-11-1A.jpg

The metal was weathered by just scratching away the top coat of paint. The resin bits were weathered using rub n' buff (pewter and antique gold)

Hope it helps,

Thanks to WC for hosting.

-Fred

Thanks guys, i'll post some pics of my attempts so far later. I probably have gone overboard sort of like a weapon that has been in the hands of a careless trooper if you get my drift. But its only a kenner, good for practice

Originally posted by Gigatron@Mar 12 2006, 02:15 PM
Here's some pics of mine, 2 indoor shots and 1 outdoors.  It's a real demilled sterling with resin counter and resin scope

e11-blaster-001A.jpg

e11-blaster-002A.jpg

E-11-1A.jpg

The metal was weathered by just scratching away the top coat of paint.  The resin bits were weathered using rub n' buff (pewter and antique gold)

Hope it helps,

Thanks to WC for hosting.

-Fred
[snapback]1204049[/snapback]​

That's one of the most realistic weathering jobs on a gun I've ever seen... Well done.

Well, my trooping blaster is a Kenner, that I used the exact same method on.

I fit the blaster with a few new parts (from a source who shall remain nameless) consisting of a folding stock, front nozzle and a mag/clip addition. Then did a little sanding and such to remove lettering.

I hit it with Krylon grey primer (2 coats), then with 2 coats of aluminium-colored paint, then after drying 2 coats of semi-flat black. (I prefer semi-flat, as the flat paint is TOO flat for a supposedly metal gun... at least in my opinion.) Also did a little light sanding between coats.

All paints were standard Krylon spray paints. (No "Fusion" or anything like that.)

Then, gently sand with a fine-grit paper at obvious wear-points to expose the aluminium color. This method works well, and has the advantage of self-weathering over time as it's used and put in and out of it's holster. :)

side.jpg

A side view.

side_angle.jpg

Another side-view.

stock_and_mag.jpg

Looking closer at the new stock and mag/clip assembly.

stock_closeup.jpg

Closer shot of the barrel and stock.

magclip_closeup.jpg

Closeup of the new mag/clip assembly.

front_nozzle.jpg

Front view

(NOTE: These pics were taken right after I finished the blaster. It's been about a year now, and it looks better and more weathered after being used.)

Eventually, I plan to replace the ugly scope with something a little nicer, but this blaster is specifically for trooping, so I'm not shooting for 100% accuracy here. (I have a nice resin E11 for that.) :D

I MIGHT eventually sand/fill the seams, if and when I decide to open the thing up to add some better electronics. :)

Relly cool job on the kenner, i'v weathered mine a little more than that, probably went overboard really but, nothing to stop me repainting.
Thanks for sharing

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back