Show me your Jedi training remotes!

Umm... Thanks? Honestly, my goal is to make something that's instantly identifiable as a training remote, even if it's not 100% accurate. That, and I'm trying to keep the build as cheap as possible, so that rules out ordering things online (not that I would do that anyway), kits, and cast or 3-D printed parts.
Dude my first one, the original floating one I did back in like 2008 was craft foam, thumb tacks, bic pen ends, chapstick caps, and the lids to those little bottles of bubbles they hand out at weddings to blow at the bride and groom instead of throwing rice. LOL

Here was my BrundelFly remote with Richie's Armor paint job. I displayed it on a decorative Christmas ornament display and fishing line. This was unfortunately stolen in 2003 with some other replicas during a military move.

myremote.jpg
remote.jpg

This is my Master Replicas remote. It is displayed in a Target Halloween display I picked up on clearance for $6 with a custom knob made by Trooper_trent.

IMG_2209.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know which chrome rim have nuts around the center hole and which does not on the original remote?

Most of of the reference pictures I've seen show the remote from the same side so I could only see 3 or 4 of them clearly

After months of waiting for some spare time, I finally got everything finished up! Thanks so much to Brundlefly for his amazing DIY guide. Thank you to Troopertrent for all the great pics he has posted of his work. I'm super excited to add this to my collection!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210523_121527.jpg
    IMG_20210523_121527.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 72
Built mine about 20 years ago. Plastistruct ball, kit parts, some resin casts and scratch parts. Frank Cernay used to have plans on the parts of Star Wars.

Attachments

• Training Remote.jpg
    Training Remote.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back