Show me your Detolf!

Hyperion Rail

For Christmas my girlfriend got me several perfect collectible gifts, but one of the most notable is the Detolf from Ikea. For only around $65, this four (not including the roof) level glass case is relatively easy to build (not a one person job) and with the optional light add-on is an amazing display for your smaller collectibles. Sick of dusting and worried of things falling over? This thing keeps them completely surrounded in glass and at eye-level so visitors can get a full 360 degree view of your collectibles without cluttering your house or being exposed to the elements. The unit bolts right to the wall to keep it from tipping over but at 93lbs, it's not easy to budge. Add the LED light from Ikea, or get yourself a color-changing light to really show your items in all sorts of shades. This thing is sick!

Okay, now that that explanation is over, I want to see yours. Show me your Detolf, Klingsbro, or any other amazing display cases you've found, purchased, or made and show us what you've done.

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0224-1.jpg

IMG_0362-1.jpg

IMG_0231-1.jpg

IMG_0237-1.jpg

IMG_0241-1.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Having a collectible is sweet, but having a bunch is better. Show me how you show the world your stuff!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Nice collection by the way. Just so you're aware, if you type ''Detolf'' in the Search function you'll find several threads where people have already discussed this topic and posted pictures in the past. (Here's just one thread that I found. http://www.therpf.com/f9/prop-displays-how-do-you-do-your-detolf-90221/) I've always admired the look of the Detolf cabinets myself, but I haven't gotten any yet. Yours looks great man. Thanks for posting the pics! :thumbsup

Yep, these are staples in eveyone's collections. Just search the name and you will see some killer photos of these cabinets.

I searched them but most of the threads I came across seemed like questions or issues, or a random pic in an unrelated forum. So i was looking to make a concentrated blast. Guess I should have combed through more thorough. I also used my first post to share and get more people on this forum, but not working so well.

I still need like 3 more of these to really cover my entire collection (including the stuff on my ebay watch list...sigh, that thing grows faster than cancer.)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back